recall on Kubota M series??

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
I recently had a call from my dealer saying they needed to perform a recall on my '05 M 6800. Something about the step??? Anyone heard anything about this and if so what is involved? I never have received anything from Kubota. Thanks.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #2  
Yes. Some guy was riding on the step while a buddy was driving. The step broke and the guy was run over.

The recall is for a strengthening arm for under the step. There is the obligatory warning sticker as well.

A simple two bolts and it is on. Did it myself rather than have the dealer do it.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #4  
I wonder if this would apply to an '04 M4800 S/U?
I got one for my M4900SU so probably for the 4800 as well. I called the dealer who is about 30 miles away and they shipped it to me.Haven't gotten around to installing yet but shouldn't be to difficult.:)

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #5  
Got mine yesterday for an M4800. Only problem is I have a loader mounted. The mounting plate for the loader is 1" thick. That's where the step reinforcement bracket mounts.

I did have one of the bolts break when I went to step onto my tractor. Almost killed myself. I went to the dealer and bought two new bolts. Now they come out with this.

I'll see this weekend how it works.

Chris

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #7  
I just installed mine a few minutes ago. Took all of 5 minutes. The instructions in the kit said that it fit an M4700, 4800Su, 4900, 5700, 6800, and so on and so forth. I can list all of the models it fits tomorrow if you want. The kit came with a 4 different bolts (2 lengths) for different transmissions and 2 new bolts to bolt the step to the side of the transmission, the brackets, a u-bolt 4 nuts and 4 lock washers for the u-bolt.

My tractor has a loader with a 1" thick mount, but the step reinforcement bracket worked just fine with that.

Chris

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #8  
They came and did it on my M5040 a couple of weeks ago.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #9  
:mad: I just got off of the phone with the dealer that originally sold my tractor. My FIL bought it new and I bought it from him. Anyway, they won't just give me the step. He says they have to inspect it and install it themselves. My question now is, how did you guys get yours and install it yourself? I think I'm being played by the "bring your tractor in so we can drum up something to service on your tractor" game. Opinions?

BTW, the (closer) competing dealer, when my FIL bought the tractor, told me that they sent out a service hand and installed theirs in field. Sounds to me like they give service after the sale.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #10  
They sent a tech to my house to install the step, but mine had broken off (one of the bolts broke) and it was in my shop. I thought they were going to install a new step so I didn't lay the old one out. The tech called me at work to ask where the step was. I told him locked in the shop, so he just left the bracket for me to install. It literally took all of 5 minutes. And that was with me reinstalling the step. Of course I used air tools.

Chris