recall on Kubota M series??

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #21  
I just installed mine a few minutes ago. Took all of 5 minutes. The instructions in the kit said that it fit an M4700, 4800Su, 4900, 5700, 6800, and so on and so forth. I can list all of the models it fits tomorrow if you want. The kit came with a 4 different bolts (2 lengths) for different transmissions and 2 new bolts to bolt the step to the side of the transmission, the brackets, a u-bolt 4 nuts and 4 lock washers for the u-bolt.

My tractor has a loader with a 1" thick mount, but the step reinforcement bracket worked just fine with that.

Chris

I have a 2004 M8200 cab tractor which I bought new and this is the first I've heard anything about the step reinforcement bracket. Do you or anyone else know if the M8200 tractors need this fix? Thanks.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #22  
I have a 2004 M8200 cab tractor which I bought new and this is the first I've heard anything about the step reinforcement bracket. Do you or anyone else know if the M8200 tractors need this fix? Thanks.

Get a hold of your dealer. Yours may not be on "the list". If it is request that they come out and put the new one on.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #23  
I'm sure I installed my own and the dealer billed Kubota for installing it and travel time. Doesn't matter to me. It beat bringing it in.
Same here it was 2 bolts and took longer to clean spot in shop than install it.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #24  
Spoke to Kubota dealer today about the step support specifically for M8200 tractor. No one there had any knowledge of the fix so parts guy got on the computer and found the kit. He tried contacting Kubota regional rep to get more info, ie, cost, labor etc. but had to leave a msg for returning the call.
So, the M8200 is included in the group of models that needs the step support bracket and I'm looking forward to hearing more from the dealer tomorrow.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #25  
The step support makes the step rock solid. No more "flex" when you step onto the step to get on or off the tractor. Of course I'm 6'9" and 270 so that could have contributed to the flex.

The only problem I have with the support is it sticks out too far if you have a loader. The loader frame on my tractor is 1" thick so this slides the support out almost to the step platform. I've got a size 15 boot so I often step on the edge of the support when getting on or off the tractor. I have to be careful and watch where I put my foot, so I don't step on the edge of the support and slip off the step.

Chris

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #26  
Spoke to Kubota dealer today about the step support specifically for M8200 tractor. No one there had any knowledge of the fix so parts guy got on the computer and found the kit. He tried contacting Kubota regional rep to get more info, ie, cost, labor etc. but had to leave a msg for returning the call.
So, the M8200 is included in the group of models that needs the step support bracket and I'm looking forward to hearing more from the dealer tomorrow.

Surprise, surprise!! Heard from the Kubota dealer today and he said the Kubota rep told him the M8200 tractor was NOT included in the step recall. However, they do offer a step support kit as an option for the M8200 but not free of charge. In fact, I was given a copy of the parts list along with pictorial showing what the parts look like.
Does anyone else have different info for the M8200?

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #27  
Hello all

I have a 2008 M5040 and I wonder if I should just upgrade my bolt to grade 8.

God knows I dont take riders but I dont want to break it.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #28  
No reason not to do it. Not sure that the safety issue was totally a bolt problem alone. Could have been the threads in the transmission case or the step frame.

Anyway, doing the recall will put the onus back on Kubota rather than on you in case something goes terribly wrong.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #29  
Wonder if my M9 is affected. Never had any step issue in the past.

They'd be a metric high strength capscrew not a Grade 8.

/ recall on Kubota M series?? #30  
Do you know who it was that got hurt when the step broke or where it happened?