Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera #1  

aczlan

Good Morning
Tractor
Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660. Formerly: Case 480F LL, David Brown 880UE
Looking for recommendations on a basic network camera that we can put out in the barn for when the cows get closer to birthing to watch them from the house.
Range from where the camera will be mounted to the cows will be about 10-20 feet.
We have power out there, I can get wired Ethernet out there if needed, but would prefer wireless and it needs to have IR.
Looking to spend under $200 if possible.

Aaron Z

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera #2  
Tried a few without any luck. Finally settled on the iSmart camera. Pan and Tilt and IR. It needs power but is WiFi. I don’t have the base station with the storage- I just have the camera. It has treated me well.

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera #3  
Amazon has quite a few wireless night vision capable 1080p (better resolution) cameras starting at $65

Any should work for you.

Before you go that route just make sure you have good WiFi signal in the barn.

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera #4  
For example: eGeek Wireless Security Cameras -1080P HD WiFi Outdoor IP Cameras CCTV Home Security Surveillance with Night Vision Email Alarm Motion detection Easy Remote Access for $60

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera
Amazon has quite a few wireless night vision capable 1080p (better resolution) cameras starting at $65
Any should work for you.
I will have good wireless, working on setting up an AP to sit out there.

Aaron Z

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera #6  

Any should work for you.

I spent hours with several different models from amazon- all had good reviews but didn’t work for me. You are relying on their server for the DNS if you want remote access. A lot of the lesser known names don’t have this set up very well.
I needed to be able to view and control the camera from anywhere though.

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera #7  
Most of these things have terrible security. If they're on the internet they get hacked. Then they can be used in a bot net to attack other machines on the internet and to attack the other computers on the same network. The hackers also get to see what the camera sees.

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera #8  
IMG_4080.JPG

If all you need is a fixed camera this should do. I have the pan/tilt unit.

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera
Most of these things have terrible security. If they're on the internet they get hacked. Then they can be used in a bot net to attack other machines on the internet and to attack the other computers on the same network. The hackers also get to see what the camera sees.
True. If I go that route, I would want one that cannot get out the internet except to a VPN from the phone to the firewall. No need to expose anything to attack from the outside or risk problems from somebody else's poorly setup server.

Aaron Z

/ Recommendations wanted for a basic network camera #10  
Only because users keep default passwords....

I use a dahue IP camera in my barn. Ethernet ran over the power line.