Recommended wood stove brands

/ Recommended wood stove brands #12  
I have a Country 210 that heats 1600 sq ft and has been a trouble free stove for many years and I would buy again. The fan is 700cfm which is more than most. I have the pedestal with the ash dump which makes clean out easy. The door latch is heavy duty and doesn't have small parts to wear out. The door gasket is nice and hefty too. I think Lennox bought them out several years ago.

Performer S210 - IronStrike

/ Recommended wood stove brands #13  
I have 2 Drolets. Both are stellar performers and designed for 2000 sq ft areas. I replace up the door gaskets every year and it keeps the chimney clean. My models require minimal clearances due to insulated sides and back. I have heat pumps for when we are not home.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #14  
Just picked up a near new insert...

They are getting yanked out left and right here and new installs are banned.

Such a nice stove that the son had put in for his parents for backup.

I saw it going out and the new owners said come get it if you want it...

/ Recommended wood stove brands #15  
If you have full basement maybe wood furnace might be a thought.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #16  
I will second the reco for Pacific Engineering. We have had ours for 15 years. Start it right and it is very clean burring. I went about seven years without cleaning the chimney and finally hired a chimney sweep. he took a look at the chimney and said "you don't need to clean this". I had it cleaned anyway since he was here. Another 7 years and the stovepipe is still clean.

We have the glass front Summit model and enjoy the flames.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #17  
If you install a wood stove seriously, consider using insulated pipe for it. advantage over double/triple wall pipe is : it heats faster and stays hot. so no build up of creosote.

I ay be wrong but my understanding is that triple wall is for manufactured fireplaces ONLY. A wood stove requires insulated pipe (or a clay liner chimney).

/ Recommended wood stove brands #18  
If you have full basement maybe wood furnace might be a thought.

They can put out a lot of heat, but burn a lot of wood in the process. I don't think they are all that clean or efficient. When we bought this house, it had a wood furnaces in the basement. After a few years, we put a wood stove upstairs. Much less wood consumption. Old furnace is still in the basement but the chimney is gone, LOL.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #19  
We have been very happy with our Lopi. I don’t know if they still make them, but they are very efficient and also easy to clean. We also have been happy with our Quadrafire pellet stove in the basement and our Quadrafire gas stove. Whatever you buy, air circulation is important. Get a blower on the stove and some way to circulate site around the house. We use the cool fan on the gas furnace. Air circulation equalizes temperatures around the house.
I've heard really good things about the Quadfire wood stoves as a friend of mine has had the same one for over 25years. Had to replace some components that eroded over the years but it seems to be a nicely built stove at that time. I've had a Hearthstone woodstove in place for nearly 28 years. I need to replace the baffle every 7-8 years but other than that no issues. No searing heat like a cast iron/steel stove since it is made out of soapstone but takes a couple of hours to fully heat up. If you keep it fired it outputs a good amount of heat even after it the wood burns out.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #20  
I have had 15 trouble free years from my hearthstone Clydesdale insert