Red Tractors break at operator's feet.

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #1  

tshep

Gold Member
Tractor
BX23 MLB
I did look for a better category....
I watch a lot of Youtube 'tractor fails' silently when her shows get boring.
I notice in 3rd world or so countries, it's mostly red tractors that break in two from bouncing the front wheels - almost exclusively red!
Any clues?
Who is red in, say, lower Asia?
Are they made different, known to be weak framed?
Couldn't just be a coincidence...

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #2  
I've seen some of those vids. A lot of them look like 60 year old IH tractors.

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #3  
I’d guess Mahindra, they’re out of India and big in that region. Mahindra makes decent stuff so it’s probably more operator error vs bad machine. Have you driven in India? Yikes.

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #4  
the frequency of broken tractors on videos is very likely a direct relationship with the number of those tractors in service.

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #5  
I’d guess Mahindra, they’re out of India and big in that region. Mahindra makes decent stuff so it’s probably more operator error vs bad machine. Have you driven in India? Yikes.
Mahindra is made by many manufacturers, so it can be hard to say they make decent stuff. I think of them like Whirlpool appliances. A manufacturer gets the low bid and later another beats them out. Hard to know if you bought a decent one or not.

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #6  
I have ridden (rode?) a motorcycle all over India, YIKES is a good word to describe it.

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #7  
I have ridden (rode?) a motorcycle all over India, YIKES is a good word to describe it.
Have ridden is grammatically correct. 'I rode' is also fine...just not 'have rode'...

I am imagining you will an old school bike with no fairing and a pair of goggles, being pursued by some nondescript nefarious characters all across India. 😀

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #8  
I did look for a better category....
I watch a lot of Youtube 'tractor fails' silently when her shows get boring.
I notice in 3rd world or so countries, it's mostly red tractors that break in two from bouncing the front wheels - almost exclusively red!
Any clues?
Who is red in, say, lower Asia?
Are they made different, known to be weak framed?
Couldn't just be a coincidence...
I'm not sure any tractor will do well when "bouncing" the front wheels. Also many of the popular brands are red there Mahindra I think is the big one. Also consider the age in a lot of those videos, some of this equipment has been broken and repaired multiple times so I'm not shocked when I see some of the repairs fail. Let's face it, most of the folks that repaired it probably have nearly as little skill at is as I do:unsure:

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #9  
Have ridden is grammatically correct. 'I rode' is also fine...just not 'have rode'...

I am imagining you will an old school bike with no fairing and a pair of goggles, being pursued by some nondescript nefarious characters all across India. 😀
It was an 83 Royal Enfield that was the same as the 1957 model (with minor ignition upgrades). Rule of the road is, if I am bigger I have the right of way. Numerous times daily I was put on the shoulder by a bus or truck passing in my lane knowing full well I was coming RIGHT at them. Oh the stories I could tell. India is a crazy place.

/ Red Tractors break at operator's feet. #10  
I'm not sure any tractor will do well when "bouncing" the front wheels. Also many of the popular brands are red there Mahindra I think is the big one. Also consider the age in a lot of those videos, some of this equipment has been broken and repaired multiple times so I'm not shocked when I see some of the repairs fail. Let's face it, most of the folks that repaired it probably have nearly as little skill at is as I do:unsure:
Nothing is discarded in those place!! EVERYTHING is fixed multiple times. I am sure the people doing it have LOTS more skill than they do resources (tools, shops, parts, etc.). Have you ever seen the videos of guys rebuilding a motor off of a huge truck sitting on the side of the road? Crazy!