Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun?

/ Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun? #11  
Is there any option for greasing the roller nose of a chain saw except for those disposable syringes?

Like a small one hand refillable metal grease gun? I have tried refilling the syringes without much luck.

Thanks.

I've been cutting 10+ cord a year since 1967. Tried the 'chain saw specific' types, and others, by far the best is a mini standard grease gun with a needle nose. Those have the grease nozzle at 90degree to the grease gun itself. One handed operation 'point and shoot' basically. Thankfully, newer saws/bars no longer need to greased.

/ Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun? #12  
Speaking of a pain. Lately, I've been having to take off the back and press on the flexable cap that covers the grease to get it to flow.
Same here, I keep meaning to pick up a needle adapter for my grease gun but keep forgetting.............Mike

/ Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun? #13  
Lots of different kinds. All messy on refill. There are times the tip gets plugged and requires cleaning
In some one must hold the bar with one hand and use the other to work the gun.

Some are easier to use than others. Gloves sometimes delay the transfer of grease to clothing but that is usually temporary.

/ Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun? #14  
google "injector grease gun"
HF used to sell something like Dualco Grease Gun With Short Nozzle > Accessories > Tools & Maintenance > Grease | Jenson USA which I use.

I've got one of these pre-loaded ones. I've yet to run it out of grease. It was about $6.00.

Oregon Pre - Loaded Grease Gun

I got the kind Newbury has and I love it. Heavy duty, easy to use and store and take along. I never saw Mosses before but either one would be preferable than using a big grease gun with an adapter for the end.

/ Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun? #15  
I have a needle nose adapter tip for my grease gun - works great.

/ Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun? #17  
I got the kind Newbury has and I love it. Heavy duty, easy to use and store and take along. I never saw Mosses before but either one would be preferable than using a big grease gun with an adapter for the end.

The mini grease gun with adapter is a very easy to use, carry, reload and store.

/ Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun? #18  
This what I use. My husky 545, which is lower end pro model, you can not great sprocket on bar. Probably gets enough from oil on chain.

I've bought several saws over the passt 10 or so years, none have had a greaseable tip anymore. That's progress!

/ Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun? #19  
I've bought several saws over the passt 10 or so years, none have had a greaseable tip anymore. That's progress!
Oregon still manufactures replacement cutting bars that require greasing the nose sprocket.

/ Refillable Chain Saw (Nose) Grease Gun? #20  
IMG_7444.JPG

I use this type also, works flawlessly.

IMG_7526.JPGIMG_7534.JPG

Just last week I pulled all the saws out, cleaned them up, pulled the bars off, greased them all up and put them back together.

IMG_7529.JPG
That's my method to sharpening blades, I take that in the woods with me to sharpen as needed. I can get about 6-10 chains sharpened before I need to recharge it.