Regret a cab tractor?

/ Regret a cab tractor? #191  
Don't feel sorry for me.
No, I don't feel this way anymore. That was in the far past when I was much younger. Now I think I'm a bit smarter?! :cool::oops:

/ Regret a cab tractor? #192  
   / Regret a cab tractor? #193  
I'm only on page 2 so pardon if this has been mentioned....

stinging sob's

As a background, I happen to be sting allergic. Been to Allergist to get shots and my sensitivity is greatly reduced now.

15-20 years ago, I was cutting a field on an International 444 with 5' mower behind it. Field was maybe waist high. Making my rounds when I finally circled back to an area....and saw something in the air. Turns out a hornets nest had been built in the waist high growth and I had unwittingly driven over it cutting it to smithereens.....all those SOB's were buzzing about in a very dazed/confused manor.

I simply left and returned the next weekend to finish cutting.

Couple years later, we had a larger tractor with cab. I was cutting a different field and I saw a flying stinger outside the glass window....and it dawned on me, I might not be immune to them inside the cab but they're going to have a harder time getting to me if that's their intent and that gives me some time to drive away verses getting multiple stings.

So I personally like the idea of a cab if for no other reason than those little SOB's. That said, that tractor is gone and I now have an open station. Go figure.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #194  
saracenas check out these sites and you can stop
your sneezing don't get a shot from a doc they are
only temperary and cost money!

If you get a cold flu take "echinacea"

I am surrounded by doctors - one is my wife and two more in the family. They are permanent and for free. Although I almost never need their services.

But I feel healthier when I'm working in the winter with an open station tractor than when I am doing nothing in a warm environment. I recommend. (y)

Thank you for your care, fellow. :unsure:

/ Regret a cab tractor? #195  
In 20 pages of posts that I didn't read, it's hard to add anything. I will say you need both a cab and an open station tractor, if you can do it, because each has obvious advantages and disadvantages.

Would I want to till 10 acres of dust and hard winds in a cab? Yes, please.

How about work in the woods, close to buildings or under a treeline in a cab? Nope...Only in open station.

Last edited:
   / Regret a cab tractor? #196  
....I will say you need both a cab and an open station tractor.....
LOL yes multiple of anything is ideal. I have a number of motorcycles because, like golf clubs, they all do different things. But like many here only one tractor, well actually two at the moment but one's for sale.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #197  
Seems like it depends on where you are and what you're doing. If you’re plowing fields or mowing or pushing snow all the time I can see where a cab would be great. If you’re hobby farming like I am in Oklahoma where most of my work is maintaining roads and clearing forest and tilling some food plots where the weather is usually mild maybe not. When I’m out working I’m out working and getting filthy anyway, getting on and off constantly and doing a lot of hand work at the same time, so this idea that I can use my tractor wearing my pajamas isn’t in the cards. And since I’m not doing ‘real’ farm work, if I don’t want to go out when it’s extra hot or cold I just do it another day. Being in a warmer climate I can relate to enjoying time outside and being in the moment. It’s like that when I play golf too. Some people feel the need to be bathed in the constant drone of music and cellphones when out on the course but not me. I’m out there to get away from all that. Being on an open tractor and all that goes with it is a huge part of what I enjoy about using my tractor.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #198  
Cabbed Kioti DK50. No regrets. Open the doors, the side windows and the back window ... hey - you're almost on an open tractor! Close them all up, turn on the heat/air/stereo ... hey - you'll appreciate not being on an open tractor!

/ Regret a cab tractor? #199  
I was very glad to have a cab tonight.

Attachments

• Cab for snow.jpg
    Cab for snow.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 67
   / Regret a cab tractor? #200  
Seems like it depends on where you are and what you're doing. If you’re plowing fields or mowing or pushing snow all the time I can see where a cab would be great. If you’re hobby farming like I am in Oklahoma where most of my work is maintaining roads and clearing forest and tilling some food plots where the weather is usually mild maybe not. When I’m out working I’m out working and getting filthy anyway, getting on and off constantly and doing a lot of hand work at the same time, so this idea that I can use my tractor wearing my pajamas isn’t in the cards. And since I’m not doing ‘real’ farm work, if I don’t want to go out when it’s extra hot or cold I just do it another day. Being in a warmer climate I can relate to enjoying time outside and being in the moment. It’s like that when I play golf too. Some people feel the need to be bathed in the constant drone of music and cellphones when out on the course but not me. I’m out there to get away from all that. Being on an open tractor and all that goes with it is a huge part of what I enjoy about using my tractor.
Absolutely true.

I too enjoy the sensation of working an open station tractor when I can pick the time and the weather cooperates. Sometimes however, I'm forced to work under adverse conditions which makes a cabbed machine invaluable. During severe winter weather for example, if the road isn't kept open, my family & neighbors aren't able to get in or out.

Life is so much easier now that I have both.