Regret a cab tractor?

/ Regret a cab tractor? #201  
I'm thankful for the freedom of choice tractor manufacturers offer today, and that each has the freedom to choose.

I'll be the odd one...I chose the MX6000 open station purposely!

I invested 40 years of my life working M-F inside offices, data centers, airports and airplanes...and spent as much of my weekend time as possible working outside.

Now in retirement, I want to breath in the hard cold air of winter...and feel the heat of the sun in the summer...to fully experience the changing four seasons...

...to look up and watch the clouds...and see the Eagles soaring - all from my tractor seat.

For me, a cab was just another cubical...I never want that in my life again!

/ Regret a cab tractor? #202  
-25 with a stiff breeze, had a snow event yesterday, need to get the drive clean for the heating oil truck. Tractor has been plugged in all night. The extra $ spent on the cab was a great investment.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #203  
I'm thankful for the freedom of choice tractor manufacturers offer today, and that each has the freedom to choose.

I invested 40 years of my life working M-F inside offices, data centers, airports and airplanes...and spent as much of my weekend time as possible working outside.

Now in retirement, I want to breath in the hard cold air of winter...and feel the heat of the sun in the summer...to fully experience the changing four seasons...

...to look up and watch the clouds...and see the Eagles soaring - all from my tractor seat.

well, to each their own. was 22F high today with wind. no thanks.

but i had a life working outdoors all year long. i enjoy indoor time now.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #204  
well, to each their own. was 22F high today with wind. no thanks.
Looks like North Idaho and Northern Michigan had the same weather today.

I'm with you on that one. I love the outdoors but in this stuff I love drinking my coffee and wearing a t-shirt in the cab :)

/ Regret a cab tractor? #205  
and moving snow wearing my bunny slippers. it was brutal cold today. i spent most of the day in my shop making wrought iron handrails for a friend. sick of welding the junk.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #207  
we received 4" of snow, but just going to let it melt off. there predicting 39-43F later this week.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #208  
I think we may be experiencing the same weather system. We also only got about 4" of snow but there were a few hours today it was near white out conditions from the wind....along with some drifting.

I'm looking forward to our warmer weather as well. That will give me a chance to get up on my shop roof to install new chimney and stove pipe for a wood stove I just got. I could use some heat in there this winter.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #209  

I also chose an open station MX6000. Mostly because of visibility. I feel closed in sitting in a cab and it seems like visibility is reduced.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #210  
After spending my first winter in Wisconsin clearing snow and doing farm chores with an open station tractor, I bought a cab tractor. This summer, I bought a bigger one with more horsepower and I got another one with a cab. There has not been a single moment when I didn't appreciate having a cab, especially when spreading manure!