Removing christmas trees stumps

/ Removing christmas trees stumps
I bought it some years ago but gave some time to the previous owner to finish this culture. Now it's done, time has expired.

I figure most stumps would have a diameter of 4-5 inches or smaller. Some at 6 inches but not many.

/ Removing christmas trees stumps #12  
What species of tree is it? If it has web or surface roots the subsoiler and ratchet rake would work well. Even better if they're planted in a grid.

/ Removing christmas trees stumps #13  
Since these would be transplanted as tiny seedlings, they shouldn't have anything like tap roots. This means they'd come out fairly easily. Still, 20ac. would be a pretty big job...time-consuming if you do it yourself with a tractor and expensive if you rent bigger equipment or hire out the job.

I presume the trees are planted in rows. How widely spaced are the rows? Would it work to cut them flush and plant your food plot between the rows for the few years it would take for the tree roots to rot? After 5 years, I bet you could just plow up the whole field without much of a problem.

/ Removing christmas trees stumps #14  
Good dozer operator can remove and level ground short time,let dry for couple years than burn.

/ Removing christmas trees stumps #15  
There are different options:

Dozer with root rake. Large tractor with root rake.
Dozer/tractor pulling a heavy disk and then rake it.

Smaller equipment like your tractor will work but take longer. The bucket should have teeth about sixteen in. Long and spaced at about one foot apart. Using curl should lift your stumps.

/ Removing christmas trees stumps #16  
I think a mini x with a thumb would work fine. I would expect to be able to do maybe 2 acres a day pretty easily.
That would do it just fine. Be like a dentist pulling teeth. That's the way I would do it. Although it would take some time pulling one by one.

/ Removing christmas trees stumps #17  
What about a stump grinder ?

/ Removing christmas trees stumps #18  
What about a stump grinder ?

Wouldn't get all of it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you want to get the roots out anyway, to allow the grass to have more room to take root? Something like a box blade with the scarifiers all the way down after the stumps are removed to pull all the trash, or a root grapple if you have one.

/ Removing christmas trees stumps #19  
If the roots are under the ground , they will rot away over time .

/ Removing christmas trees stumps #20  
Is there enough stump sticking up to grab it with a tree puller?

558.jpg