Removing the Chains of Bondage...

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage...
Teens and snow in the forecast...and the chains are off...

Might be hibernating if the avalanches block the pass again!!!

Actually, we've had several days in the 60's so suspect this will be a very short-lived Weather Channel Snow-mageddon event - (more show than snow)...

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #82  
Took the chains off as well but left the plow & spreader on. Doing so would really have tempted fate. I doubt the plow will be needed for this one, at least around here.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #83  
I never put chains on this year, I studded my tires in January and don't every want to use chains again.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #84  
Yeah, this is that time of year when it's too warm to keep the woodstove going 24/7, but not so warm that you don't need some heat. I'm fine with house being cool-ish during the day, Mrs. Oak not so much.
I slept with my window open all of last night. Tonight I will be feeding the fire with hemlock, not rock maple and beech.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #85  
Pods (tracks) will remain on the atv for some time! 🤣 They are on a picnic table.
P1050141.jpg

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #86  
I finally took the chains off and moved all the attachments back to their storage spots (on pallets) until they are needed again in November. That sounds nice! I did keep the plow on the ATV just in case.... it's easy to remove. :)

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #87  
Half of them came off yesterday... I just didn't get over to the other building to drop the second set. It was flurrying on and off all day just to make me second guess my life choices...

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #88  
Well a touch of snow on the roads this morning enough to make it slick out.
I may have the chains off one tractor but the vehicles still have their studded tires on,
was glad for that this morning keeps us a bit safer with the idiots that try and drive like it's
summer and no one else is on the roads.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #89  
The snow sure caught these folks by surprise!

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #90  
How many idiots can't slow down when the visibility gets poor and traction is limited.