Replacing a front Tiron tire.

/ Replacing a front Tiron tire. #1  

Sooner79

Tractor
Branson 2515H
My 2515H is 5 months old with 35 hours on it. I punctured my left front tire beyond repair and need to replace it. I checked online and it doesn’t appear Tiron is imported to the US except on Branson tractors. I called my dealer and he said he could order one from Branson for around $400. I’d already found other options with the exact same specs and size (25x8.50-14). Carlisle, Titan, Galaxy are some brands that look good, to name a few and are between $100 to $150 Each. None are perfect tread matches but they’re fairly close. Has anyone else been in this situation and what did you do? I’d prefer to have matching tires, and may buy two since they’re fairly cheap, but then what to do with the extra (valuable/expensive) Tiron?

Last edited:
   / Replacing a front Tiron tire. #2  
I think I would replace both, then keep the "old" good one as a spare in case you're in a pinch and can't find anything in short time.

I think Tiron just makes tires exclusively in Korea and that's why all Korean tractors come with Tiron tires, but I'm may be wrong.

/ Replacing a front Tiron tire.
I think I would replace both, then keep the "old" good one as a spare in case you're in a pinch and can't find anything in short time.

I think Tiron just makes tires exclusively in Korea and that's why all Korean tractors come with Tiron tires, but I'm may be wrong.
Any knowledge of the other brands that I mentioned? Carlisle is the only one I’m familiar with. I can order them on Amazon for $99.76 each with free two day shipping. Beats the heck out of $400 for a Tiron, but I know I’d never use the good Tiron again.

/ Replacing a front Tiron tire. #4  
Regarding brands, I can't really comment as we don't get any of those you mentioned over here. And if this is a R4 tire, we really don't use those here. We only get R1 Radials for the most part and the common R1 with bias ply.

Can you sell the good Tiron tire on Craigslist or something? It sucks having to deal with something like this with such low hours but it happens when working with equipment in some hard environments.

Regarding brands, I can't really comment as we don't get any of those you mentioned over here. And if this is a R4 tire, we really don't use those here. We only get R1 Radials for the most part and the common R1 with bias ply.

Can you sell the good Tiron tire on Craigslist or something? It sucks having to deal with something like this with such low hours but it happens when working with equipment in some hard environments.
It is an R4 tire which are most commonly used here on skid steers.

Last edited:
   / Replacing a front Tiron tire. #6  
It is an R4 tire which are most commonly used here on skid steers. Unfortunately selling a tire on Craigslist isn’t viable due to shipping cost.
Yeah, I fully understand. Hopefully someone will chime in with some good info.

/ Replacing a front Tiron tire. #7  
As long as the tire size is exactly correct, I doubt very much that a minor difference in tread pattern will matter at all. It will only be cosmetic.

I would just get the one that needs replacing, but even if you bought both fronts, it will be cheaper than a single "factory" replacement tire.

/ Replacing a front Tiron tire. #8  
Out of curiosity what is damaged beyond repair look like. I believe I would get creative on fixing such a tire as it is on a tractor not a high speed car. I have even used CA glue on a pretty Good size slice in a tire with success.

Out of curiosity what is damaged beyond repair look like. I believe I would get creative on fixing such a tire as it is on a tractor not a high speed car. I have even used CA glue on a pretty Good size slice in a tire with success.
Yes, it was kind of unbelievable to me too. And, I might‘ve continued to use it by inserting a tube, but I don’t know how long that would have lasted. Fact of the matter is, I ran over a sharp piece of metal machinery while brush hogging that made a pretty good sized hole in the tire. The tire apparently immediately blew out and went flat, although I didn’t realize it for a few minutes. When my rotary mower ran over the same piece of metal (it looked like some antique rusted piece of a farm implement or tractor), it sheared the pin on my mower. I was about 500 yards from my barn at the time and as I usually do, I turned to head back to the barn to install a new pin. Within a minute or so of turning, i noticed the left front tire was flat and had broken the beads on both sides of the tire. It was extremely hot and humid (Texas) and I continued to drive (essentially on the rim) as the tire was kind of hanging on for dear life and getting beat up by the wheel with each revolution. By the looks of it, I was already thinking that a new tire would be necessary regardless, and there was no way I was going to abandon my tractor, walk to get tools, etc. and leave the tractor in my pasture for no telling how long (I live 50 miles from my land). In short, I basically ruined the tire by limping on it the 15 or so minutes it took me to get it back to my barn where I removed the wheel and took it home with me to inspect and assess the damage. Sorry for the long reply.

Last edited:
   / Replacing a front Tiron tire. #10  
I’d take it to a tire shop and have them change it. As long as the diameter is the same I wouldn’t loose any sleep on the tread pattern.