Restarting My '70 Nova Project

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #261  
I'm taking it back to the original color, Cortez Silver. When I bought it, it was a Chevy maroon color. While working on the doors, there were layers of a light metallic blue over the original silver.
And sorry, but it originally had a vinyl top, which amazingly was still on it after the paint color changes, which I am going to replace.
Here is a picture of it when I bought it.
View attachment 761929

Here is a picture of another Nova the same color as I'm going to paint mine, with the (gasp!) black vinyl roof.

View attachment 761931
My '73 was Forest Green with a black vinyl top. I actually like how the vinyl top looks on Gen 3 Novas.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #262  
Good luck with your back. I hope to hear from you soon and good luck with the car.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #263  
That caliper style with the internal brake shoes is a copy of what came on my 66 Chevy when new. When I used to have to pass a vehicle inspection, I would have to put the tyranny in 3rd instead of 1st and dump the clutch quickly to get it to stall rather than move the car. Those little brake shoes aren't much for holding a vehicle from rolling, but the 4 piston calipers on all four wheels will stop the car!
David from jax

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #265  
Takes a lot of time and money to redo classic cars. Had a 74 nova in my early twenties then about my 45th birthday came across this 67 Camaro always wanted one still needs some interior work but fun to drive.

Attachments

• received_581105713755003.jpeg
    received_581105713755003.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 74
   / Restarting My '70 Nova Project #266  
I always liked that generation of Camaro and Firebird. Yours looks great!

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #267  
Glad to hear your surgery went well, I hope to hear your are back working on your car.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project
Takes a lot of time and money to redo classic cars. Had a 74 nova in my early twenties then about my 45th birthday came across this 67 Camaro always wanted one still needs some interior work but fun to drive.
Really nice looking Camaro you have there. A Camaro would have been my second choice after the Nova when I was looking for a car.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project
Glad to hear your surgery went well, I hope to hear your are back working on your car.
Yes, the surgery went well, ended up staying for five nights instead of three because of the pain being so bad. The surgeon said he had to do a lot more work that he had planned, and it took over six hours instead of four or five.
I'm now a week and a day post-op, and the pain, for the most part is getting better. For some reason, almost every night around 4-5:00AM it decides to have a hissy-fit and hurt like hell, even though I'm taking my meds on schedule. Not sure why this happens, but if I do, I'll going to correct it.
Last three days, I have walked, with a walker, out to the end of the driveway and back 2-4 times each day.
Here's it the oddest thing that happens on a nearly regular basis: when I swallow food, it sends shooting pains down my torso and legs. Talk about an incentive to diet! The doc had no explanation, said none of his patients had ever had that side effect before. Hopefully as all the trauma and swelling subsides, that will abate also.

As for the Nova, the painter said "any day now" it will be done. That's fine, it's going to be a while until I can do any serious work on it at this point.

Thanks all for your concerns and wishes.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #270  
Went to a spaghetti dinner for a friend that has cancer last night and ran into the guy that bought my old nova. Wanted to know if I wanted it back. Was surprised he still had it. Got some issues though his garage roof caved in and kinked the roof. I'm gonna go look at it if he calls. Was the car I had on our first date 38 years ago this year