Restarting My '70 Nova Project

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #12  
Novas were underappreciated at the time and only get better looking with age. Big fan of their looks, but I never had one
Apparently, you've never seen a 64 Nova 4-door. :ROFLMAO:

One of my high school buddies used his mother's 64 Nova occasionally. That is until the front-end folded under. He took it down a road we used to call crater lane--About a 1/2 mile road full of pot holes from one end to the other.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #13  
Very nice! Looking forward to watching.

I had a 70, 71, 72 and 62 Nova in that order.
One rusted beyond repair. The other got hit. The third one got hit and run. The 62 I bought and sold for a profit.

My favorite was the 70.

230L6 with 3 on the tree. I still have the engine (transplanted into a '71 Toyota FJ40) and the hood (sitting behind my garage).

I loved those cars. Seated 6 with the column shifter. So light and quick.

Keep 'em running. (y)

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project
Bravo, just curious why you chose to reuse the OEM subframe? Are you going for original? I have a '63 I bought the aftermarket subframe for.
I'm trying to keep it somewhat original, and the original subframe was in pretty good shape, had just a small tweak that I got straightened out with some chains, hydraulic jacks and I-beams. The front body mounts were rusted pretty bad, but I replaced the rusted metal and it's better than new now. I also had it blasted and powder coated, so it's good to go.

Attachments

• 2012-09-16_15-39-57_362.jpg
    2012-09-16_15-39-57_362.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 139
  • 2012-09-16_15-40-17_479.jpg
    2012-09-16_15-40-17_479.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Fantastic looking cars!
Thanks, I've regretted selling the '69 since the day I sold it, but I had just gotten married and had a baby on the way. I needed something a little more economical to drive.

Your project is coming along nice!
I bought my 1965 in 1982. The paint is bad and someone on the forum has already pointed out to me that I have my front tire tread the wrong direction. 😬
I have found a lot of info from the guys over at Chevy Nova Forum
Their projects and nova knowledge is vast. Mostly a good group like here. (y) I hope you keep us updated here. I’m looking forward to following along with your progress.

I liked the 65-67s too. Paint is always the most time consuming and expensive part of restoring a car. Looks like a solid car though, with low restriction exhaust too!

You might look at Steve's Nova Site also. I've gotten some good info there.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #17  
I liked the 65-67s too. Paint is always the most time consuming and expensive part of restoring a car. Looks like a solid car though, with low restriction exhaust too!

You might look at Steve's Nova Site also. I've gotten some good info there.
Thanks. Yes, low restriction, short exhaust. The Flowmaster 10 series race mufflers let’s you know Its running. The engine turned out be much more costly than planned. You posted the same link to Steve’s Nova Site. :)

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #18  
Looks like a nice project, its a lot of work, good luck with it.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #19  
Never had a Nova. But had one of these (1965) in high school. So I had to get this one around 1997. Still have it.
In 2007 found a '64 convertible SS it's still a project. It has supposedly an original 265 cu. in. V8. and 4 on the floor.

Attachments

• KIMG0522.jpg
    KIMG0522.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 153