Right out of the oven

/ Right out of the oven #1  

Dougeye

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra eMax 20s, Takeuchi TB210R
Flour, water, salt, yeast. And nothing more. Well, add time and technique. Making bread is a great pleasure.

IMG_0105.jpg

/ Right out of the oven #2  
Looks good, I use to make a LOT of bread, but I haven't made any in a long time now.

SR

/ Right out of the oven #4  
Oh my wife LOVES that crunchy crust....right out of the oven...and that aroma........:cloud9:

/ Right out of the oven #5  
All I can say is. :licking:

/ Right out of the oven #6  
You are missing lard, or oil, milk, (same amount as the water), and sugar.

David

/ Right out of the oven #7  
Flour, water, salt, yeast. And nothing more. Well, add time and technique. Making bread is a great pleasure.

View attachment 679985

Is your recipe a secret? Looks like something I'd love to cook on my pizza stone on the pellet smoker at a higher temp.

If it's not a secret, care to share?

/ Right out of the oven #8  
I wish my computer has smell-a-vision.

/ Right out of the oven
You are missing lard, or oil, milk, (same amount as the water), and sugar.

David

Bread has been around since the beginning of agriculture, and the varieties and ranges of ingredients is endless. I like my simple version, and I get good reviews and requests for more from those I give it to. But there's no wrong way to make bread, if it tastes good and makes people happy, then go for it!

/ Right out of the oven
Is your recipe a secret? Looks like something I'd love to cook on my pizza stone on the pellet smoker at a higher temp.

If it's not a secret, care to share?

No secrets here. I've been making bread for more than 40 years, and have tried many different methods and recipes. Several years ago I started learning about what some call "artisan" bread, and I found a book that explained the method in great detail in an easy to understand way. I'd suggest reading it and following the instructions to the letter:

https://www.amazon.ca/Flour-Water-Salt-Yeast-Fundamentals/dp/160774273X/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=forkish&qid=1608265580&sr=8-1