rolled over gradall excavator

/ rolled over gradall excavator #1  

markct

Platinum Member
Tractor
gradall g3r excavator, kawasaki mule 2500,ford 8000,and a 1936 caterpillar road grader
heres my latest project, its a gradall excavator that had been rolled over about 7 years ago, it sat ever since then cause the owner planned to repair it but finally decided he wouldnt get around to it so he offered it to me, the price was right (free) so i took it. it has both the excavating bucket and a wide grading bucket with it. it runs and moves, just basicly the cab and wiring in the cab that needs to be fixed. should keep me busy for a while

Attachments

• 895089-106_0648_1.JPG
    895089-106_0648_1.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,142
   / rolled over gradall excavator
heres my latest project, its a gradall excavator that had been rolled over about 7 years ago, it sat ever since then cause the owner planned to repair it but finally decided he wouldnt get around to it so he offered it to me, the price was right (free) so i took it. it has both the excavating bucket and a wide grading bucket with it. it runs and moves, just basicly the cab and wiring in the cab that needs to be fixed. should keep me busy for a while

left side

Attachments

• 895092-106_0647_1.JPG
    895092-106_0647_1.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,189
left side

heres a view of the worst of the damage, i plan to basicly cut away all but the one wall of the cab thats next to the boom, the rest i will rebuild from square tubing and sheet steel

Attachments

• 895095-106_0649_1.JPG
    895095-106_0649_1.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,349
heres a view of the worst of the damage, i plan to basicly cut away all but the one wall of the cab thats next to the boom, the rest i will rebuild from square tubing and sheet steel

/ rolled over gradall excavator #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( should keep me busy for a while )</font>

Yes, I think it will. Looks like a great project, hope to see pictures of your progress.

Cliff

/ rolled over gradall excavator #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( should keep me busy for a while )</font>

Yes, I think it will. Looks like a great project, hope to see pictures of your progress.

Cliff

/ rolled over gradall excavator #9  
Hey.. nice machine.. we have a ? 460 at work. We bought it cheap as well.. have a couple stuck hyd valves.. the electric over hyd ones, pluss a stuck diverter valve in the steering system.. other than that it has been a great machine. ( did have to do a boom repair once, when an oring let go.. it took us longer to get it apart than to replace the oring. )

I may be going to look at an 8000 this week... any pointers?

It was a unit i almost bought a couple months ago.. but another buyer beat me to it, and now has it up for sale again.. only higher price... that makes me wonder.. but the seller says it drives in all ranges, has good pto and lift.. etc.

Soundguy

/ rolled over gradall excavator #10  
Hey.. nice machine.. we have a ? 460 at work. We bought it cheap as well.. have a couple stuck hyd valves.. the electric over hyd ones, pluss a stuck diverter valve in the steering system.. other than that it has been a great machine. ( did have to do a boom repair once, when an oring let go.. it took us longer to get it apart than to replace the oring. )

I may be going to look at an 8000 this week... any pointers?

It was a unit i almost bought a couple months ago.. but another buyer beat me to it, and now has it up for sale again.. only higher price... that makes me wonder.. but the seller says it drives in all ranges, has good pto and lift.. etc.

Soundguy