ROPS canopy

/ ROPS canopy #11  
Masters Farm Supply in Florida. Aluminum diamond plate for fiberglass price. Ask for Carolyn. Google is your friend; I’m not connected with them in any way.

^What Rick said. The diamond plate won't break when you bump a tree limb.

/ ROPS canopy #12  
^What Rick said. The diamond plate won't break when you bump a tree limb.

But it will bend. There is no canopy that can not be damaged. I have two Kubotas both with their fiberglass canopy and they are not hard to install but not an easy off. Have hauled both with no issues but those were not long trips or over 55 or so. Brother has MF with aluminum and has a few bends.

Had to have canopy made for side by side and bought the diamond tread aluminum, then had to find someone to bend it. Factory probably would have cost less if that was an option. In my looking the dollar difference between a good canopy and not as good one is not much. Buy best you can.

/ ROPS canopy #13  
But it will bend. There is no canopy that can not be damaged. I have two Kubotas both with their fiberglass canopy and they are not hard to install but not an easy off. Have hauled both with no issues but those were not long trips or over 55 or so. Brother has MF with aluminum and has a few bends.

Had to have canopy made for side by side and bought the diamond tread aluminum, then had to find someone to bend it. Factory probably would have cost less if that was an option. In my looking the dollar difference between a good canopy and not as good one is not much. Buy best you can.

You’ll break several fiberglass or poly canopies before you bend the AL ones I’m referencing. They have a formed edge and are very stout. They may be FOPS certified when properly installed. Freight rates are affordable.

/ ROPS canopy
Ftg05. Please if you could send more pictures that would be great. I picked up a golf cart canopy yesterday. Now to figure out mounting

/ ROPS canopy #15  
If you are working in the woods, skip the commercially made canopy altogether and have a Fab shop make you a FOPS (Falling Object Protection System) with Limb Risers.

Here is mine, made by a guy whose shop is just a few miles down the road from me (he can weld a whole lot better than I can.) My top is expanded metal, since I wanted the visibility, and protection from the sun isn't an issue in the woods. If I had it to do over, I'd put a solid top on it (I will do that at some point). I can remove it by pulling 4 bolts, but I never have. No need to take it of when hauling the tractor down the road - it's not going anywhere.

After working inthe woods with the Limb Risers, I wonder how I ever got along without them.

Attachments

• Tractor in Logging mode lr.jpg
    Tractor in Logging mode lr.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 600
   / ROPS canopy #16  
I looked at them. Didn稚 buy one because I haul my tractor from time to time and don稚 want to take it off when I do.
There's no need to. I thought that also and asked the dealer to take mine off;but they said it isn't necessary and would be a pain to put back on. They trailered it 50 miles to my mother's house where I hooked up my father's backhoe attachment; then it travelled 200 miles on a roll back ramp truck to my house, more than half of which was travelling up the interstate.

If you are working in the woods, skip the commercially made canopy altogether and have a Fab shop make you a FOPS (Falling Object Protection System) with Limb Risers.

Here is mine, made by a guy whose shop is just a few miles down the road from me (he can weld a whole lot better than I can.) My top is expanded metal, since I wanted the visibility, and protection from the sun isn't an issue in the woods. If I had it to do over, I'd put a solid top on it (I will do that at some point). I can remove it by pulling 4 bolts, but I never have. No need to take it of when hauling the tractor down the road - it's not going anywhere.

After working inthe woods with the Limb Risers, I wonder how I ever got along without them.

Nice job. :thumbsup:

/ ROPS canopy #17  
There's no need to. I thought that also and asked the dealer to take mine off;but they said it isn't necessary and would be a pain to put back on. They trailered it 50 miles to my mother's house where I hooked up my father's backhoe attachment; then it travelled 200 miles on a roll back ramp truck to my house, more than half of which was travelling up the interstate.

Nice job. :thumbsup:

Good to know. Maybe get get one for my ZTR.

/ ROPS canopy #18  

Agree with the full FOPS, see my thread on the build.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/346672-jd-3005-full-cage-rops.html

Attachments

• 20180215_173000.jpg
    20180215_173000.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 387
   / ROPS canopy #19  
   / ROPS canopy #20  
Ftg05. Please if you could send more pictures that would be great. I picked up a golf cart canopy yesterday. Now to figure out mounting

I think this is the other one I have:

4gFFQpb.jpg