Rotary Cutter Overhang

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #31  
Plenty of room on that trailer for that tractor and attachment combo. Sometimes it's just a matter of playing with the load to figure the exact placement, even if means disconnecting the implement.

I have a 13 ft trailer where I load a tractor longer than the OP's one, and with the brush mower (mower is shorter though) without any overhang. I believe I can legally have 50 cm of overhang, I still choose not to do it. It's no big deal disconnecting the implement and move stuff around, while avoiding the overhang.

IMG_20190920_112507.jpg

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #32  
Here's an example of those cheap OEM trailer tires. Caveat! I couldn't find the pic of one other tire that had a delamination bulge in the sidewall. I replaced all four tires. Yeah, it was still holding pressure.

20210524_115647.jpg

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #33  
Recently bought a Doolittle 18’ (16’ + 2’ dovetail) equipment trailer. I figured that my rotary cutter would stick out past the trailer some, but should I be concerned? My tie down plan is 4 points on the tractor with 5/16” grade 70 and ratcheting binders with a 2” strap over the bucket and 2” strap over the rotary cutter. I have corner protectors for the strap. I will also be attaching a red flag to the rotary cutter wheel. I think I’m okay here, but looking for 2nd opinions by experienced tractor owners/haulers. BTW, the silver spare is getting swapped out for a matching black one by the dealer, they just didn’t have a black rim when I bought it. I had TPMS monitors installed in all four tires and the trailer pulls like a dream empty. I plan on using it to occasionally haul my tractor and I plan on building some side boards to haul mulch and topsoil and other odds-n-ends.

View attachment 708822

View attachment 708823

View attachment 708824

View attachment 708825

View attachment 708826
Way too short of a trailer sell it and get a 20 foot 10k

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #34  
Hang around here long enough and everyone will try and convince you that you need a one ton dually and 14k, 30' long deckover to haul that 5000# tractor combination....lol

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #35  
Hang around here long enough and everyone will try and convince you that you need a one ton dually and 14k, 30' long deckover to haul that 5000# tractor combination....lol

Yeah like on RV forums where you need a one ton dually to haul a 14' popup trailer...

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #36  
It would seem that there are a lot of folks here that are willing to send a boy to do a man's job, and would rather see what they can get away with.

20160331_142240.jpg

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #37  
Yeah like on RV forums where you need a one ton dually to haul a 14' popup trailer...
Not on any RV forums but I can imagine. It's bad enough here. Half tons are for groceries and never for towing anything....lol

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #38  
Not on any RV forums but I can imagine. It's bad enough here. Half tons are for groceries and never for towing anything....lol

I don’t frequent any RV forms but RVs are the worst towing thing on the road especially the bumper pull ones. They put the axel close to the middle so they don’t overload the inadequate tow vehicle and they have a huge wind profile.

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #39  
I don’t frequent any RV forms but RVs are the worst towing thing on the road especially the bumper pull ones. They put the axel close to the middle so they don’t overload the inadequate tow vehicle and they have a huge wind profile.
I guess the load distribution and design engineers are just taking up some well paid office space, because they don't know as much as you (sarcasm). AXLE, if you care.

/ Rotary Cutter Overhang #40  
I guess the load distribution and design engineers are just taking up some well paid office space, because they don't know as much as you (sarcasm). AXLE, if you care.

The farther up you move the axels the more prone to fishtailing the trailer will be. You don’t need an engineering degree to understand that.