roxor

/ roxor #21  
The gov't is going to great lengths to make sure these don't end up on the streets.

I would guess that Jeep/Chrysler is probably lobbying at state/fed levels against them.

They don't even come close to passing State or Federal DOT standards. Why would Jeep/Fiat have to lobby against a side by side UTV?

I have heard that a guy in my hometown has snuck one through the tax office for a license plate.

/ roxor #23  
They have a housing at the end of the axle with gears in it do they not? :D
Yes, they would be more correctly be called portal axles.

Aaron Z

Yes but 2 entirely different things. I have high portal axles on my F350 diesel 4x4 as well.

High portal axles refer to the height at which the input shaft for the pinion enters the case. Nothing more. Keeps the driveline high up from carnage and water getting in through the pinion seal.

Having said that, I'm not impressed with the Roxor at all. Leaf spring suspension went out years ago as it provides little articulation and rides like a tank too.

Just a rich man's toy and any moderately capable side by side will run rings around them.

/ roxor #24  
I know my FIL's new 835M gator rides as smooth across a bumpy field as anything I've ever ridden in, short of an old long cadillac. :)

/ roxor #26  
They don't even come close to passing State or Federal DOT standards. Why would Jeep/Fiat have to lobby against a side by side UTV?
They probably have more safety than a 60 model CJ. I have seen new Polaris leave out of this shop for 46k. Much rather have this jeep. Chrysler dropped the CJ in 87. Don't care for the YJ. If they dont like it they should have stuck with it.

/ roxor #27  
They have a housing at the end of the axle with gears in it do they not? :D
Yes, they would be more correctly be called portal axles.

Aaron Z
Portal has an offset not inline.

/ roxor #28  
Chrysler/Fiat retains all patent and trademark rights of the Jeep. Mahindra once had a license to make these back in WWII if I remember correctly but that license long expired. CF filed a lawsuit a year or two ago and about last December? a judge ordered Mahindra to stop making a SXS that looked like a Jeep.

In NC, it is now lawful to tag an SXS with restrictions. All require some upgrades but are not real expensive to do. There are also restricitons on roadways and highways. Guessing Roxor would / could be done here as well.

/ roxor
I will keep my Roxor. Is not made from plastic and will run for several hundred thousand miles. Mine is plated highway legal and according to my gps will do 80mph. that was a one time only. I generally keep it under 60. It is my everyday driver around town.

/ roxor #30  
Who makes the "chip" for them?

I was just looking up the Roxor but apparently they are not available in Canada it says on their web site. I wonder why?