Roy Jackson has died.

/ Roy Jackson has died. #82  
Wow, how sad. Such a familiar guy here. I always enjoyed what he had to say. Sorry to hear this.

/ Roy Jackson has died. #84  
Wow! We've lost some great ones over the years. Buckeye's post of Roy's, the morning he died, is almost eerie. I guess we never know?

My brother died of cancer in 2006 after a 1.5 year battle. I had time to come to terms with it before he passed.
My dad died in 2013, 5 days after suffering a stroke, I had time to come to terms with it, before he passed (albeit short).

I've never lost anyone suddenly, waking one morning and gone by sundown. I'd have issues coming to terms with that.

Prayers and healing to his loved ones.

/ Roy Jackson has died. #85  
Yes, it's sad to see him gone.
How about some remembrances to celebrate his life.

I only had 2 close "interactions" with Roy to write about.
About a decade or so ago, while he stilled lived in Pa., a Winco 12K PTO generator came up on CL for I think ~$600. Within both our driving distances. I got there and bought it. When I wrote about it on TBN he wrote he had been thinking of getting it.
Then about a week ago I wrote him about Buckeyes fondness for shots of his lap and his cats sitting in his lap.
Roy will be missed.

/ Roy Jackson has died. #86  
Roy and I talked politics privately and about guns privately and on the GM thread. His knowledge on guns was superior to mine pretty even otherwise. Another true American lost

/ Roy Jackson has died. #87  
Roy and I bought the same WoodMaxx wood chipper. We had a discussion about a dolly to put it on. Would not work for him because he did not have solid surface to use a dolly on. But he had the horsepower it get full use of the chipper.
His comments on Good Morning thread were almost always just before mine.

/ Roy Jackson has died. #88  
Roy and I talked politics privately and about guns privately and on the GM thread. His knowledge on guns was superior to mine pretty even otherwise. Another true American lost
I started using a Vedder IWB holster for my revolver about a year or so ago, based solely on Roy's recommendations.

One of the things I always admired about Roy was his willingness to jump in and intercede when we'd get dangerously off-course on certain topics of conversation, then steer us back to the topic at hand with a light but effective admonition ... sometimes even in BIG GIANT COLORFUL TEXT. :LOL:

Gonna miss that.

/ Roy Jackson has died. #89  
A day before his death he asked about a way to control his dog Margeaux's barking and ordered a non shocking collar I recommended . Suzette you should be getting the order this week.

/ Roy Jackson has died. #90  
You all know his avatar with the horns. Once I cropped his avatar onto a picture of a pink tractor and posted it. I don’t think he liked it, said it was lousy photoshopping.
But having grown up in Catonsville, he knew my area and would always comment on pictures I’d post of the area. Last year I drove thru Catonsville and posted some pics for him.

I found his house on google maps, street view shows his John Deere in the drive with the chipper on. He liked his John Deere.