RTV Windshield and more

/ RTV Windshield and more #1  

menchhofer

Silver Member
Came across this on the web and thought I would pass it on. Might be good source for those higher priced windshields. RAYSWINDSHIELDS.com

/ RTV Windshield and more #2  
I found that you can make a very satisfactory windshield from a sheet of poly carbonite from Home Depot. Drill holes and secure with large zip ties. Wrap roll bar prior w Styrofoam pipe insulation tubes. This will set you back about $80.

/ RTV Windshield and more #3  
both of these seem good options
$100 approximately for DIY
$200 Approximately for turnkey delivery of more durable material

my RTV 1140 windshield is so scratched I'll need to replace in a year

/ RTV Windshield and more #4  
both of these seem good options
$100 approximately for DIY
$200 Approximately for turnkey delivery of more durable material

my RTV 1140 windshield is so scratched I'll need to replace in a year

That's why I went with glass on my 500 ..The plastic scratches very easily.

/ RTV Windshield and more #5  
I built my own windshield with 1/4" plexiglas and after almost one years use it hasn't gotten scratched. Cost me a bit over $40. Drilled 2 holes in the top and side of the plexiglas and inserted rubber grommetts and then used zip tyes to hold it on. If/when I do it over I'll use two pieces of plexiglas and hinge them together so I can drop the top part in the summer to allow the air to flow thru better in summer.
Tried a home made top and have since bought a top from Barlows and installed it.
Used double sided velcro tape in this picture which worked until it got cold then sticky side let go. Then did the drill holes and also ground off sharp corners of plexiglas.

Attachments

• P1070133.jpg
    P1070133.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 256
   / RTV Windshield and more #6  
I'm going with the Mammoth Designs Aero-Vent 1/4" Lexan MR-10 coated windshield...everything I've read has said this abrasion resistent Lexan from GE really works well, but its not $50 which does stink.... Any other Mammoth Design owners who went the MR-10 route?

Kubota RTV1140 Aero-Vent Lexan Windshield

/ RTV Windshield and more #7  
my windshield is the one from Kubota...all scratched up now...and I tried to take care of it.

/ RTV Windshield and more #8  
This is the one sold through OrangeAftermarket.com - Powered by Wiedmann Bros. Distributing Co. - Aftermarket Accessories for Kubota Products, the website my Berryville, Arkansas dealer gets all their accessories from. Do you happen to know if your windshield was Lexan and if so, was it the MR-10 material? A few guys doing construction down along the gulf coast swear by the MR-10 Lexan for window replacement for homes facing the gulf as well as windows facing golf courses.....but its about 2x the price of normal Lexan they say.....

/ RTV Windshield and more #9  
It's lexan, unknown if it is the special number you mention.

/ RTV Windshield and more #10  
I built my own windshield with 1/4" plexiglas and after almost one years use it hasn't gotten scratched. Cost me a bit over $40. Drilled 2 holes in the top and side of the plexiglas and inserted rubber grommetts and then used zip tyes to hold it on. If/when I do it over I'll use two pieces of plexiglas and hinge them together so I can drop the top part in the summer to allow the air to flow thru better in summer.
Tried a home made top and have since bought a top from Barlows and installed it.
Used double sided velcro tape in this picture which worked until it got cold then sticky side let go. Then did the drill holes and also ground off sharp corners of plexiglas.
Three years now with no scratches with regular Lexan. They had a different one that was like $60 instead of the $40 I paid which is probably the one your talking about. I do nothing to my windshield other than leave it out in the rain most of the time. May occasionally wipe it off, don't drive thru woods daily with over hanging branches but have had some small limbs drag across it.