RTV - X1100C

otlski

Gold Member
Tractor
Jinma 204
We got 15 inches of snow today in NW CT. With maybe 12 inches on the ground and the Boss plow in vee-mode, I could not push up to the top of the driveway. Once I lifted the plow up, it ground its way to the top. I have rear chains only but no weight in the bed. I have chains to put on the front but I think I will try some weight first.

You must have gotten a lot up there Swampy6.

OP
swampy6

swampy6

Gold Member
Foothills of The Adirondacks, New York State
Tractor
Mahindra 4540 4WD
We got 15 inches of snow today in NW CT. With maybe 12 inches on the ground and the Boss plow in vee-mode, I could not push up to the top of the driveway. Once I lifted the plow up, it ground its way to the top. I have rear chains only but no weight in the bed. I have chains to put on the front but I think I will try some weight first.

You must have gotten a lot up there Swampy6.

We received a dusting, I didn't even put the plow on the RTV or on the Mahindra 4540. I saw a guy stuck last year on his RTV with the Boss V-Plow, he didn't have any weight in the back. I'm thinking about putting three bags of sand (60 or 80 pounds per bag) in the back to start, there isn't any salt in the sand which is good. If you have some ideas on weight for the back, you have my ear.

It's been cold up here so I've been plugging the block heater in after I finish working with it, the other morning we had 1.9 and the temp gauge was reading one bar before starting it. I also have a battery maintainer on it since fall.

I've been limbing up more dead pine branches along certain trails so I don't get slapped in the face while I'm plowing with the tractor and so the RTV won't get all scratched up....yet. I've also been running around bucking up and splitting some dead pine and then burn them in the fireplace.

Attachments

• 104_1314.JPG
    104_1314.JPG
    564.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 104_1315.JPG
    104_1315.JPG
    610.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 104_1319.JPG
    104_1319.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • 104_1320.JPG
    104_1320.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • 104_1321.JPG
    104_1321.JPG
    960.6 KB · Views: 64

OP
swampy6

swampy6

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4540 4WD
I pretty much finished cleaning up a new trail I started earlier this year, another five or six loads went over to the fireplace. I also was able to burn a bunch of pine splits.

The other area I worked (not pictured) was limbing up some dead branches off some pine trees, I'll use this area to push snow into from our driveway.

Attachments

• 104_1325.JPG
    104_1325.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 104_1324.JPG
    104_1324.JPG
    989 KB · Views: 61
  • 104_1323.JPG
    104_1323.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 53

BucketHoe

Tractor
Kubota B3030
Hello, I bought a 2020 RTV X1100C with the Kubota K-Connect front hydraulic unit and the Kubota 66" Snowblower because I got sick of plowing my 700' driveway with my B3030 with no cab and getting soaking wet and cold. We just had about 13" of snow the other day and this thing cleared it like it wasn't even there. I had to turn the heater off a few times because it was getting too hot in the cab.

Before the dealer installed the K-Connect and the snowblower we took it to Jericho Mountain in New Hampshire in July and put 110 miles on it running the trails and this machine went up hills and over rocks that you could not imagine and the air conditioned cab was great.

I don't have a clue how to put photos in a thread, but if I can figure it out I will add some.

BucketHoe

OP
swampy6

swampy6

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4540 4WD
Today was the first time I plowed parts of the driveway with the RTV, the most snow we had in certain parts of our driveway was 4-5 inches. There is a total of 240 pounds of sand in the back which should help some.

I think it shifts different with the plow on, we'll see if it changes or stays the same. The second picture is a new walking trail I made for the wife during the summer/fall.

They tell you that when you plow, you should be in low but it seems like it had a hard time going from low to reverse, any tips or tricks to make it easier?

Attachments

• 104_1356.JPG
    104_1356.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 104_1357.JPG
    104_1357.JPG
    321.3 KB · Views: 79

Hay Dude

Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Case-IH, Massey Ferguson & Kubota
Hello, I bought a 2020 RTV X1100C with the Kubota K-Connect front hydraulic unit and the Kubota 66" Snowblower because I got sick of plowing my 700' driveway with my B3030 with no cab and getting soaking wet and cold. We just had about 13" of snow the other day and this thing cleared it like it wasn't even there. I had to turn the heater off a few times because it was getting too hot in the cab.

Before the dealer installed the K-Connect and the snowblower we took it to Jericho Mountain in New Hampshire in July and put 110 miles on it running the trails and this machine went up hills and over rocks that you could not imagine and the air conditioned cab was great.

I don't have a clue how to put photos in a thread, but if I can figure it out I will add some.

BucketHoe

Thats a heck of a good report. Always thought the machine was more complete with the K connect.

BucketHoe

Tractor
Kubota B3030
Hay Dude,

The machine with the K-Connect is great. My only concern is that the machine has 10.5" ground clearance without it installed and after the installation of the K-Connect the ground clearance is reduced to 5.5". I hope that after winter I can not only remove the front hydraulic unit easily but also the drive shaft assembly so we can use the RTV on the trails up in the mountains.

BucketHoe

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Today was the first time I plowed parts of the driveway with the RTV, the most snow we had in certain parts of our driveway was 4-5 inches. There is a total of 240 pounds of sand in the back which should help some.

I think it shifts different with the plow on, we'll see if it changes or stays the same. The second picture is a new walking trail I made for the wife during the summer/fall.

They tell you that when you plow, you should be in low but it seems like it had a hard time going from low to reverse, any tips or tricks to make it easier?

I have the 1140, i guess it has similar trans/shifter? My shifter uses the old H layout but, imho, reverse is where low should be and vice versa.

Many times it's difficult to get it in gear, especially trying to get into low, sometimes smooth as silk. In many cases I find it difficult to get in or out of 4wheel drive.

If i have trouble shifting into low it's a bit of a dance. i put my left foot on brake, blip the gas peddle a few times and sort of ease the shifter into low gear. I'm very gentle and can feel it engage. Feels like gears but i got no clue what's really in there.

As far as getting it in and out of 4 wheel drive, i turn the wheel all the way to stop then try. That usually works. If not, i turn the wheel all the way to stop the other direction. That, so far, has always worked.

Same with my kubota hst tractor.

Hay Dude

Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Case-IH, Massey Ferguson & Kubota
Hay Dude,

The machine with the K-Connect is great. My only concern is that the machine has 10.5" ground clearance without it installed and after the installation of the K-Connect the ground clearance is reduced to 5.5". I hope that after winter I can not only remove the front hydraulic unit easily but also the drive shaft assembly so we can use the RTV on the trails up in the mountains.

BucketHoe

I will be following your reports on that. I see one in my future, but the ground clearance on the K Connect and the cost did concern me a bit.