Rtv X900

/ Rtv X900 #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
I stopped by the dealer lot and seen a RTV X900 worksite. I really liked it. My concern is the diesel and hydro tranny will be to loud for enjoying a cruse through the woods.

I'm also looking at a Kawasaki Mule pro mx. It has a single cylinder and cvt tranny. Seems much quieter in the videos I have watched.

Any first hand impressions?

/ Rtv X900 #2  
I got the RTV-XG850 with the gas engine during covid, managed to find it new in the crate and had few UTV options available. New was cheaper than used. It goes fast and has lots of zoom zoom, it also has good payload and towing capacity. On the negative side it's a gas guzzler and I wish I could use farm diesel and fill from my bulk tank instead of gerry cans.

It isn't noisy but it isn't quiet with it's pop-pop-pop-pop two cylinder Subaru motor. If you want quiet try to find an electric unit or a golf cart.

Sometimes I wish I had a heated cab but I mind as well buy a used pickup truck at that point. A diesel mini-truck with a dumper imported from Japan would fit the bill perfectly.

/ Rtv X900 #3  
One of the things I like about My RTV 900 diesel, is it just sips fuel, but I agree with the engine noise, I generally wear ear protection if I’m on it over 5-6 minutes.

Everything but the lawnmowers runs on diesel, and someday those lawnmowers will be replaced.

/ Rtv X900
I stopped yesterday and drove one. It's built well, and not as loud as I thought it would be.
The shifter was very hard to get into gear and it was a bit jerky when you let off the gas.

The price was over $18k before tax. I think I'm going to pass on it and find another brand.

Dave

/ Rtv X900 #5  
They can be loud, but I'm used to it, driving with the dump bed up is really loud. My shifter has been like that since day 1. Dealer said it will get smoother with time, not true. You just get used to it, doesn't even bother me anymore. Mine is a 2014, never had a problem, it's a workhorse.

/ Rtv X900 #6  
I stopped yesterday and drove one. It's built well, and not as loud as I thought it would be.
The shifter was very hard to get into gear and it was a bit jerky when you let off the gas.

The price was over $18k before tax. I think I'm going to pass on it and find another brand.

Dave
They are an acquired taste. Mine isn't noisy enough to bother me. The shifter takes some patience. The brake pedal activates a hydraulic dump of pressure in the trans. This takes a second. Once you learn to hesitate you don't even notice it. From the factory they are very jerky when letting off the throttle. Very similar to an HST tractor. Easy fix. They are a brute workhorse with little thought to luxury or frills. I work the snot out of mine and have had no issues. If your primary need is a heavy hauler they can't be beat.

Let us know what you get!!!

/ Rtv X900 #7  
Neither the B2601 nor the RTV 520 have any hydraulic whine like the 3 JDs I had.

/ Rtv X900 #8  
Our RTV 900 has about 2,700 hours, used daily. Knock on wood, It has been very good for us.

/ Rtv X900 #9  
Our RTV 900 has about 2,700 hours, used daily. Knock on wood, It has been very good for us.
If I remember right mine is an 07' model.... You are wayyyyyy ahead of me on hours. Just guessing, I'm somewhere around 800hrs. I put new front axle boots on last Fall. Guessing I probably tore them running thru brush but can't verify that. The RTV is a specialty work class vehicle.

/ Rtv X900 #10  
If I remember right mine is an 07' model.... You are wayyyyyy ahead of me on hours. Just guessing, I'm somewhere around 800hrs. I put new front axle boots on last Fall. Guessing I probably tore them running thru brush but can't verify that. The RTV is a specialty work class vehicle.
You will be amazed how many Nissan drivetrain parts fit the TRV900 (u Joints etc)