SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info
Spoke with the HAY rep. I'll have to have the hoses made because of the 3/8ths fittings. He doesn't have them in stock for the Yanmar (not a huge deal). Very helpful, he's going to advise on the specifics for me. I'll keep you posted.
BONUS FACT UPDATE: My PTO switch from AMAZON did not match the picture on AMAZON (Pin config was not as pictured) ...waiting on a replacement. I'll update and start a new thread once I've successfully fixed this.

Dan

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #12  
If you are going to have hoses made up just shut the tractor off and run the loader valve to get the hydraulic pressure out of the system. Unscrew one of the rear remote female fittings and take it to the hydraulic shop with you. That's what I did to make sure they had the right fitting.

I made mine 10" longer than the ones that came with the hydraulic top link. They are nice and long but not so much that they are in the way.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #14  
I put my box blade on this afternoon and I was correct in my assessment of the top link being a couple inches too short. I went ahead and ordered the 31" toplink since the one I have now is only 26". I mostly bought it for the box blade and it is the one implement It doesn't work well with. It is great with a landplane, a disk and a plow also.

If you are going to have hoses made up just shut the tractor off and run the loader valve to get the hydraulic pressure out of the system. Unscrew one of the rear remote female fittings and take it to the hydraulic shop with you. That's what I did to make sure they had the right fitting.

I made mine 10" longer than the ones that came with the hydraulic top link. They are nice and long but not so much that they are in the way.
The dealer at HAY suggested 31-34" long on the hoses. And we went through the length, and I think the CLASS 1 on this is a bit longer than some of the other brands in this COMPACT SIZE. He was shocked at the 26" adjusted length of the stock Top link. But agreed that it was the right call to go with the 31". I measured 24" from the center of the OEM LINK to the CONTROLS...when level on the ground. I didn't get a call back from them to place the order, he missed 4 calls while talking to me, so I assume they're just slammed. I'll update as I get things completed.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #16  
The dealer at HAY suggested 31-34" long on the hoses. And we went through the length, and I think the CLASS 1 on this is a bit longer than some of the other brands in this COMPACT SIZE. He was shocked at the 26" adjusted length of the stock Top link. But agreed that it was the right call to go with the 31". I measured 24" from the center of the OEM LINK to the CONTROLS...when level on the ground. I didn't get a call back from them to place the order, he missed 4 calls while talking to me, so I assume they're just slammed. I'll update as I get things completed.
That sounds right on the hose length. I just measured mine and the hose alone is 38" not including the fitting. Overall it is 41" and it could easily be 6" - 8" shorter and still work fine. I would not go any shorter than what they suggested.

Order in. Once I get it, I'll take it to Nashville Hose and Gasket and get the hydraulics fitted. I'll post details and pics when completed. Thanks for the assist and the referral.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #18  
My 31-inch was just delivered. I'm probably going to list my shorter one for sale. It would be perfect for a subcompact.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #19  
If you use 90 degree elbow fittings on the remotes end of the hoses it makes for a pretty clean application and hoses can run a little shorter. Mine are pictured earlier in this thread. More than one way to skin a cat.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #20  
Don't forget to add some hydraulic fluid to your tractor, my smaller top link took about half a quart to fill the cylinder and lines.