SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #21  
@EOD Retired is that the Yanmar grapel you have on your 425? If so how do you like? it I have one ordered.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info
Finally got them correct. You could get the entire thing made without the bsp pipe threads also if the shop had the right compression fittings.

Parts:

31" hose 3/8"
3/8 JIC to BSP banjo
3/8 BSP banjo bolt
Copper washers for banjo
90' bsp to qpp
Male 3/8" NPT (m and f part number below.

Kubota 7J417-66220 7J417-66320 Replacement Hydraulic Quick Coupler Set, 3/8” NPT​

Attachments

• IMG_4026.jpeg
    IMG_4026.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 88
   / SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #23  
Thanks for sharing the formula, now let us know how it works for ya!

I used mine quite a bit a few weeks back to finish up my son's yard. I put the longer top link on and it worked perfectly. I cannot imagine doing a lot of land leveling without a hydraulic top link. May not need one as bad if the land is relatively smoot to begin with but son's yard was a hot mess of holes, dips and ruts.

Not sure but I think the military must have used his yard for a ballistic missile test ground : )

My box blade is 5' and the 425 handled it with no issues. I did put some rocks in the bucket to help weight the front tires down a little and it helped.

It is smooth now. I bought a land plane and tried using it on the yard also but found that since there was still a fair amount of sod in the dirt, the land plane kept getting sod built up on the cutting edges and didn't give a smooth surface.

The box blade, tilted all the way back, did a better job of getting it smooth. I think the land plane would work better on gravel and probably dirt that doesn't have sod in it.

I tried the land plane on my MILs drive and it did a nice job. Still need to finish that up.

Find the largest hydraulic hose maker in your area...take in your link and remove one of the quick attaches. That's 100% the way to get it right the first time. I did that, but went to a small "farm" hose maker and they didn't have the smaller 3/8" JIC or banjos. #lessonlearned

So far so good...about 20 hours and I did 5 truck loads of dirt for 15 years of deferred lawn maintenance. Filling in rings around trees from the mower, wash out/erosion issues, covering up rocks, you name it. Used the loader and back dragged most of it. Float mode with the box blade (it would be nice to have wheel attachments to keep it level but I don't have that type) when the "humps" can't be easily cut with he bucket/back dragging. Used my mower and the de-thatching rake and ran in circles to smooth it out and break up clods, etc...finished out before see pretty well. Saw that trick on a YouTubers channel. Then used a star/slit style drop spreader for seeding. Went well. Being able to get the angle on the box blade perfect is a lot easier with that lever. NOTE: That lever on my 425 is right at my elbow and I've banged it several times....design flaw I guess.

Brush Hogging would be about impossible to do well without the top link adjustment too.

Attachments

• IMG_4417.jpeg
    IMG_4417.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4412.jpeg
    IMG_4412.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4291.jpeg
    IMG_4291.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4292.jpeg
    IMG_4292.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 62
   / SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #26  
quite a nice property you have there.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #27  
Finally got them correct. You could get the entire thing made without the bsp pipe threads also if the shop had the right compression fittings.

Parts:

31" hose 3/8"
3/8 JIC to BSP banjo
3/8 BSP banjo bolt
Copper washers for banjo
90' bsp to qpp
Male 3/8" NPT (m and f part number below.

Kubota 7J417-66220 7J417-66320 Replacement Hydraulic Quick Coupler Set, 3/8” NPT​

Looks neat !

For winter services my 424 already have both outlets of remotes busy.
One goes on FEL, for "third function", to tilt snow blade.
Other is for tilting of broom
But it would be great to incline that broom either

Do you have any ideas, how to extend remotes ?

Looks neat !

For winter services my 424 already have both outlets of remotes busy.
One goes on FEL, for "third function", to tilt snow blade.
Other is for tilting of broom
But it would be great to incline that broom either

Do you have any ideas, how to extend remotes ?
I don't...but a good "hose shop" should be able to make something work for you.