SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info
   / SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #32  
Thanks to all for the info on this. I found that (perhaps since this thread started) Summit Hydraulics has a top-link kit that works pretty well. Much of what is outlined here is included in the kit. I put together a video of my install if you are interested. Some of this information may help others.

Two follow up things from this video.

1. The lower arms on Yanmars are long. As others have suggested, it is a good idea to get a slightly longer top-link.

2. I ended up with a small hydraulic leak as the body of the hydro unit is bigger than the standard link and it interfered with the power-and-beyond loop for my backhoe. Not an issue if you don't have a backhoe but something to navigate if you do. It walked loose the power-and-beyond fitting at the 90 which was easy to tighten back up.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #33  
I ordered mine from Amazon...search here for the ones shown here. There are others also. These hose lengths are right for your 425 if you add a 90 degree elbow on the end that goes to the rear remotes.View attachment 785090 These come from the Netherlands and it only takes about 3 days for delivery. One thing to know...the fittings are the wrong size for the 425. I had to go to a local hydraulics business to get the correct ones. JUst take one from the rear remote box and a hose with you and get 2 males that fit the new hoses. Its cheaper than changing the females on the rear remotes. You'll have to get a thread adapter to go from a brittish to us thread (the large hex piece below the elbow) and an elbow. Once that's done it works perfectly. Tighten fittings very tight. Good luck

Hydraulic Top Link Cat. 1-1 with Locking Block 20 7/8” - 31 7/8” with 2 x Hose

View attachment 785089
Hey I know it’s been a while since you installed this but just wanna know if everything is still working well?