Sad day for my B6100 :-(

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #1  

KubotainNH

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100
Today I was cleaning up the couple inches of snow we got with my recently made snow pusher attached to the Kubota bucket. It was going really well and I was enjoying the seat time. I was pushing a bank back when I tried to stop by pushing in the clutch pedal. I heard a clunk and it still kept digging into the snow bank. I shut everything down and put it in neutral noticing that depressing the pedal felt strange. I started it at low RPM which made a racket in the clutch area and then the engine shut down I assume from clutch debris. Now I wish it was summer. I don't think I want to split the tractor at this time of year but don't know if I can wait months for warmer weather, too much withdrawal. Ugh :-(

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #2  
Since it kept going when you pushed in the clutch maybe it is just the throwout bearing. I had to replace the clutch in my b7100, it is a couple hour job just splitting it in half. Trickiest part is figuring out how to support both halves so you can roll the back half away from the front far enough.

Charles

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-(
Yeah, I was thinking about the support part. Seems you would have to be able to roll it back and forth while keeping it straight. Even if it's just the throwout bearing it would seem that it's worth replacing the disk while in there. It runs about $65. I wish I had a garage.

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #4  
KubotainNH said:
Yeah, I was thinking about the support part. Seems you would have to be able to roll it back and forth while keeping it straight. Even if it's just the throwout bearing it would seem that it's worth replacing the disk while in there. It runs about $65. I wish I had a garage.

And a lot of people say to replace the pilot bushing while you are in there, I did when I replaced my clutch, it is about a $10 part and could save you a whole lot of headache down the road. There is also an oil seal right there, I replaced it but couldn't figure out how oil ever gets right there.

Do you have the ladder rack underneath for the loader? runs back to the rear axle? I blocked that up at the back to support the front of the tractor and unbolted it from the rear axle. I poked a jack up through the ladder rack to a block of wood and supported the rear that way. By sliding the jack back some and then sliding the rear part of the tractor back on the wood I managed to get enough clearance. I was on concrete which made all this moving around pretty easy.

I replaced the clutch disk, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bushing, oil seal, took the flywheel to a clutch place and had them resurface it. All told it ran me about $220 in parts another $20 to get the flywheel resurfaced.

Make sure you take any implements off before you start.

Charles

All that is on it is the loader and a 5 gallon bucket of cement on the 3ph. Yes it does have the ladder rack. It was 13 degrees this morning, that's a bit cold for me to be working on it. I see the manual says empty the oil, is the clutch a wet one, does removing the oil make it easier or is it unnecessary?

thanks,

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #6  
The clutch on the b7100 is dry and I would expect the same on the b6100

If I remember right I pulled the steering wheel to get the dash off, pulled the battery, fuel tank, starter and disconnected the hydraulic lines where they come off the pump. This lets you get to all the bolts around the 'bell housing' and split the tractor. You also have to detach on of the ends of the ladder rack as mentioned earlier.

Charles

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #7  
KubotainNH..sorry to hear about your bad luck. I live in Loudon, NH and have a huge garage to putter in. If you are interested, you are free to bring your 6100 hundred over and repair it here free of charge. My B7500 would like a little company *L*..If interested and transporting your baby is a problem, let me know. I can dig my trailor out of the snow and give 'er a ride.

Thank you, this forum has got good people on it. I appreciate the offer but I'll probably clean up my FIL's little garage and drag it in there. He lives next door to me. There's nothing like having your project close, someday I'll have a large garage but I'm too busy paying for braces and private school now. Priorities :)

/ Sad day for my B6100 :-( #10  
Your welcome...I remember what it was like paying for braces and the other expenses of havin' young'uns. My youngest daughter is finishing up her Master's degree and then I should be done payin'..*L*..Had to put off my garage for quite a few years but finally got her built last year..Just a little 30X40 play area for my toys..Good luck on yer rebuild and my offer remains open if ya choose to use it in the future..