Safety chaps testing - Saw Damage?

/ Safety chaps testing - Saw Damage? #31  
Root Cause, thanks for that reminder as well. I'd thought about going that route also. Sometimes I just want to peel off one piece, but if it can all be done in one quick ON and then another quick ON action then I suppose that would be fine.

/ Safety chaps testing - Saw Damage? #32  
Very bad ides, DougRR2.
Hang 'EM ON A NAIL, ON THE WALL. .OR TROW THEM AWAY.
Zetorboy

/ Safety chaps testing - Saw Damage? #33  
Root Cause, thanks for that reminder as well. I'd thought about going that route also. Sometimes I just want to peel off one piece, but if it can all be done in one quick ON and then another quick ON action then I suppose that would be fine.
You are welcome and yes, they are by far more comfortable to me. I bought it for the screen but the all in one is easier than putting in ear plugs etc. The helmet has saved my noggin a couple of times. I also wore when clearing brush, stacking it on the forks etc. t saved my face and eyes countless times.

/ Safety chaps testing - Saw Damage? #34  
I have two Stihl chain saws. A big one with a 24" blade and a small one with a 14" blade. The small one because I kept cutting with the big one when tired. I tested my steel toed boots.

/ Safety chaps testing - Saw Damage? #35  
When selecting a helmet, the ones with a 6 point suspension (three straps running across the top of your head, anchored on each end) tend to be more comfortable and provide better protection than the cheaper 4 point suspension (2 straps). However, any properly rated helmet is better than none. Pick one that is comfortable enough that you will actually wear it.

I've been around a few people who have had significant head injuries. Trust me, you don't want to do that to yourself, or worse, burden your family with dealing with someone with such an injury. A good helmet doesn't guarantee no injury, but it certainly helps.

I have two helmets: one which the ear muffs kept coming off, so I removed them permanently. It's now my hot weather helmet - I use ear plugs when wearing it, since they are much cooler than the ear muffs. The other helmet with the ear muffs is much more convenient when you need to remove and replace the hearing protection, so gets used any time it's not really warm out.

/ Safety chaps testing - Saw Damage? #36  
S219 thanks for the video I often wondered what would happen was never in a situation where I had it happen so thank you appreciate it