Safety glasses

/ Safety glasses #1  

Dwellonroof

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3046r
Now that I'm getting older it seems to bother me more from the grass and dust while mowing, what is a good pair of tight fitting safety glasses maybe even bifocal but I need a tighter fit because the fine particles seem to get behind regular safety glasses.
Also I started to wear one of those cloth mask I purchased from Lowes a couple years ago.

/ Safety glasses #2  
Only problem I can see you having with tight glasses is fogging up. I know what you mean tho re the dust...........Mike

/ Safety glasses #3  
Google foam seal safety glasses or tight sealing safety glasses. There are some that are like a small giggle which I think are too bulky. There are others that look like glasses that have foam around the lenses that seal nicely. I wear this type when mowing. I think I got mine at Family Farm and Home but a lot of lawn and garden shops have them.

/ Safety glasses #5  
We were issued these (the google toward the bottom)-

https://www.esseyepro.com/uploads/files/ESSCatalogWeb2019.pdf

But some of the guys gravitated to this style-

3M Maxim Safety Goggle 2x2 - Clear Anti-Fog Lens, Black Frame, Elastic Strap

This is an interesting discussion. A lot of welding shops require two forms of eye safety when grinding etc. So folks would wear their normal safety glasses and then would use a flip up face shield when grinding. That may be an option too.

Uvex Bionic Face Shield with Clear Polycarbonate Visor and Anti-Fog/Hard Coat (S8510) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VY3ACE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_s8kQCbCAYSZ7Q

/ Safety glasses #6  
... it seems to bother me more from the grass and dust while mowing,

When I bought my zero turn, it was horrible mowing through dry dusty areas. The amount of debris that would blow out from the front of my deck would make such a thick cloud that I couldn't breath or see. I did not know at the time that there was an adjustable piece of metal under the deck that I could lower to stop this from happening and only discovered it after changing blades and scraping the underside of my deck clean. I also learned that high lift, mulching blades made this worse then the factory blades. Since adjusting those two issues, I don't have any problems at all with dust blowing into my face.

/ Safety glasses #7  
The local farm store chain in this area sells carhart safety glasses with a bit of foam around the lenses. I use them quite a bit while mowing and working in the shop, I do use anti fogging wipes on them as needed. As I recall, they were about $15

/ Safety glasses
When I bought my zero turn, it was horrible mowing through dry dusty areas. The amount of debris that would blow out from the front of my deck would make such a thick cloud that I couldn't breath or see. I did not know at the time that there was an adjustable piece of metal under the deck that I could lower to stop this from happening and only discovered it after changing blades and scraping the underside of my deck clean. I also learned that high lift, mulching blades made this worse then the factory blades. Since adjusting those two issues, I don't have any problems at all with dust blowing into my face.

Most of my dirt and dust seems to be when I turn and go the opposite direction, only a little breeze to make it blow back in my face. when it is damp I don't have the problem but I don't like to mow then.

/ Safety glasses #10  
A possibility would be to investigate motorcycle glasses/sunglasses (called sunnies down here).

A set that I wore during my 'riding days' was made by "Wicked Fish"... included a foam-padded, detachable, inner thingy that essentially made them into goggles that could be worn inside your helmet.

Very fashionable.