Satoh S750D Stallion hydraulic leak

/ Satoh S750D Stallion hydraulic leak #11  
Posting pics would help along with pics of the exploded parts diagram from your manual.

Getting a seal out from around a long shaft buried inside a bell housing without pulling the shaft out of the case/bellhousing is going to be difficult, and the o ring or other seal in between the two shafts is going to be impossible.

Does the bell housing separate from the trans case? Because that's where I would look next -if you can pull the bell housing/front case off of the shaft you will be able to get the numbers off the seal without destroying it and replace it easily. In addition, you may be able to pull your hollow shaft off of your inner shaft and address that seal as well

/ Satoh S750D Stallion hydraulic leak
Posting pics would help along with pics of the exploded parts diagram from your manual.

Getting a seal out from around a long shaft buried inside a bell housing without pulling the shaft out of the case/bellhousing is going to be difficult, and the o ring or other seal in between the two shafts is going to be impossible.

Does the bell housing separate from the trans case? Because that's where I would look next -if you can pull the bell housing/front case off of the shaft you will be able to get the numbers off the seal without destroying it and replace it easily. In addition, you may be able to pull your hollow shaft off of your inner shaft and address that seal as well
I realize how helpful pictures would be, but I no longer have a scanner, and would not know how to get pictures from my phone to my computer. I have considered checking at the library for a scanner, or digging mine out from where I put it 20 years ago. I have never taken a picture with my phone. It has probably been 20 years since I used my camera, and I don't even know where it is.
After getting the fork & shaft out, I removed the bolts holding a collar, and slid it off over the end of the shafts, Behind it is a captured ball bearing, which appears to be fairly tight. The bell housing extends on back about 10 inches from what I am used to seeing on cars. This extension is empty except for the shafts running through it. The steering column & power steering assembly are bolted to the top of this extension. (I removed the steering components, since they cover an opening in the top of this bell housing extension). I can now get to the back of the bearing, but have quit for the day.
Behind the bell housing is an additional spacer piece about 10 inches long, with no openings, and behind that is the transmission.

/ Satoh S750D Stallion hydraulic leak #13  
I think what I was getting at is you're likely going to need to remove the casting that holds the seal and the input shaft bearing and pull it forward off the input shaft to make the repair

I think what I was getting at is you're likely going to need to remove the casting that holds the seal and the input shaft bearing and pull it forward off the input shaft to make the repair
I'm afraid you are right, but have not looked that far ahead yet. Right now the rear end is supported by jack stands under the front end loader crossmember, which is bolted to the extended portion of the bell housing (if I remember correctly). You are definitely seeing the problems before I do, but I will get there eventually. I had not realized how far back in there everything is, although I should have.

I found an old scanner and got the pictures (belatedly). I will try for the expanded view, but that will be more difficult (using trial version software, proper driver not available for Windows).

Attachments

• Satoh clutch_1 .jpg
    Satoh clutch_1 .jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Satoh clutch_2 .jpg
    Satoh clutch_2 .jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 20
Here are pictures of the case. I had to make two separate pics, but if you will notice the reference numbers 2, 1, 11, and 14 in both pictures, I think it is obvious how they correspond.

Attachments

• Satoh clutch_4 .jpg
    Satoh clutch_4 .jpg
    753.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Satoh clutch_5 .jpg
    Satoh clutch_5 .jpg
    962.2 KB · Views: 29
I will definitely have to remove the next two pieces of the case, but don't expect to make it back to the tractor today. I may be able to get the exploded view scanned. I have some old computers that should work with my old scanner, or I can scan to flash drive if I can locate that scanner.

Found my scanner.

Attachments

• Satoh clutch_6 .JPG
    Satoh clutch_6 .JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • Satoh clutch_7 .JPG
    Satoh clutch_7 .JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
   / Satoh S750D Stallion hydraulic leak #19  
Found my scanner.
So where is your input shaft bearing and seal? Is it in plate 17 in the first pic? If so looks like you will need to remove both bell housing and spacer to get to it

So where is your input shaft bearing and seal? Is it in plate 17 in the first pic? If so looks like you will need to remove both bell housing and spacer to get to it
Yes, I will have to remove the bell housing and spacer. The seals are number 13 in the top diagram and number 26 in the lower diagram. I have just finished scanning in the parts list.

Attachments

• Satoh clutch_8 .JPG
    Satoh clutch_8 .JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15