Saving Money as Prices Increase

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #381  
As a Suburban owner, no you didn't. That costs $220+ right now. You may have 'topped it off' but there was no filling going on... Lol
Wasn't quite empty, 1/4 tank left....lol That lasts at least a month however. if we need to go somewhere we take my 40 mpg buggy.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #382  
It took $141 yesterday to top off F-150 with 31 gallons after a 200 mile fast trip with gauge at 1/8. Prior even at near empty I never got close to spending even $100. To make me feel better I did stop it TSC and pick up some stuff that required the pickup bed or at least a small trailer. The Subaru and a small trailer is started to make more sense sometimes.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #383  
It's now costing me $50 in fuel to cut the grass every week, I'm thinking of buying a baler and selling the hay. :)

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #384  
It's now costing me $50 in fuel to cut the grass every week, I'm thinking of buying a baler and selling the hay. :)
How much are you mowing? Time for a little bit of fence and a cow or two. Or maybe a few goats.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #385  
McD large coffee with tax is now $2.53. I was joking with one of the long-term employees about it and she says well the senior coffee didn't go up much. Now I get 2 senior coffees instead of the large for a dollar and a quarter savings $1.28. As they say there's more than one way to skin a cat. :)
Remember when a cup of coffee was a dime, with free refills?

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #386  
I don't know if you've tried to find windshield wiper blade refills, but it's next to impossible. Everyone wants to sell the whole blade, with the frame. That seems like having to buy a mounted tire and wheel because, well, of course we can't just replace the tire, can we?
Fortunately I found on ebay some 26" strips of rubber insert material the correct size for my blades and can make three sets for less than $6. From Chy-nah, of course, but likely so is the rubber in the $13 blades at the parts store.

Remember when you could go to Western Auto and get a set of wiper refills, and oil filter, a gasket set and rings for a Briggs mower and a replacement Rigid pipe cutter wheel all in one stop?

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #387  
Yep… I replaced a lot of blade inserts at the dealership… even BMW had cheap inserts and now assemblies.

We use to save a lot with a big garden snd bountiful produce but with cost and water restrictions no more.

It’s now illegal to irrigate industrial and commercial turf unless it’s akin to a sports field.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #388  
I remember the 15-cent hamburgers but I wasn't into coffee back then. :)

When my wife was with me it was costing $5.07 every time we stopped for coffee but now I can do that for a dollar and a quarter by sharing one of my small senior coffees with her.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #389  
I don't know if you've tried to find windshield wiper blade refills, but it's next to impossible. Everyone wants to sell the whole blade, with the frame. That seems like having to buy a mounted tire and wheel because, well, of course we can't just replace the tire, can we?
Fortunately I found on ebay some 26" strips of rubber insert material the correct size for my blades and can make three sets for less than $6. From Chy-nah, of course, but likely so is the rubber in the $13 blades at the parts store.

Remember when you could go to Western Auto and get a set of wiper refills, and oil filter, a gasket set and rings for a Briggs mower and a replacement Rigid pipe cutter wheel all in one stop?
Western Auto was where I got my six transistor radio when I was a kid and it was not cheap. I think it was $20 which was a lot for 12-year-old kid living on the farm with no income :)

As ICE vehicles are phased out in the coming decades imagine trying to get parts for those lines that are no longer produced new and when the parts are so expensive.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #390  
How big a yard do you have? I've got a pretty good sized lawn, and a 5 gallon can of gas lasts me better part of 2 months.
Wasn't that around the same time that $5/hr was considered good money?