Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #201  
Need a little advice on this setup. What I have are cinder blocks with 4x4 pressure treated lumber on it. Originally this was all going to be on the grounds but I decided to elevate it. Thought it might be adequate but I am questioning what this is going to be like with the saw head on it since the feet span across, and over the edge, of the 4x4s. Seems to me one good bump and I can knock the whole thing over. Any suggestions how to improve this setup?

1662379744953.png

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #202  
Personally, I'd turn the blocks the other way, crossway to the mill deck and run the 4x4's that way too.

That's the way mines been set up for more than 20 years without problems...

SR

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #203  
^^ and less chance of major twisting of the PT 4x4's.
I'd add a "paver" block under your blocks, same size just a couple inches thick with a solid surface so not to settle into the dirt.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #204  
I like them to settle into the dirt a little, it keeps them planted solid. Then I use door shims as needed to keep level, and that's not something I have to do often.

Adding a paver, just gives it something easier to slide on.

SR

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #205  
I can see that happening. My mind goes straight to "building" practices right away. 😁

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #207  
I love the way your shop door looks!!!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #209  
So it took me 2 months of weekend mornings to get to this point. Near melted more than a few times :) . Anyway , the base is made from pressure treated 6x6 and held together on the inside with 1 inch x5x5 angle brackets all lag screwed in .There are 2 1/2" x 8 x 16 concrete blocks under every cross piece . I will be dropping some tapcons through the 6x6 and into the blocks just to make sure nothing slides. I am missing 4 brackets on the inside but that will happen next weekend (miscounted) . I will also put a plate on each joint on the outside to finish it off. Should hold fairly well. the height is 15 1/4 inches right now and with the mill it will put me around 23 inches with the levelers set in the middle of their travel . I am less than 1/4 inch out of level in any given direction right now. That will change soon enough with time and weight . The top 2x6 is regular untreated lumber so that the levelers do not degrade . This weekend The mill assembly will start . Can't wait .
Here are a few pics as I was going along.

20210719_070653.jpg
20220618_131931.jpg

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #210  
Can only post 2 at a time i guess.