Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #51  
Couple pics Backroad.
1648602711041.jpeg

1648602748643.jpeg

3 rows of rebar in side ftings. and 4 rows each direction incenter pads.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #52  
Mr. CMYoung, did you create adding the second set of wheels to your BCS, or is that a standard feature?

Brilliant job on figuring out how to work the slope!
It is fairly easy to dual up a BCS. I use 3" wheel extensions from the tractor hub to the first set of tires, then a 6" extension for the second set. My wheels are adjustable, I just adjust till they fit. The tires are foam filled, adds 20+ pounds each. Each of the 6" extensions is filled with about 8lbs of lead (Pb) for more weight. The outside tires have chains. I only use duals when I really need traction, it is a heavy machine to try to turn, or sometimes to keep straight. Usually I use one set of tires with chains for snow, no chains for most yard/garden work. You can get all the extensions to either spread the wheel base out or to add duals from Earth Tools. I set my width depending on the implement, but mostly as wide as possible. You can turn one of these thing over, don't ask me how I know. :)

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #53  
Couple pics Backroad.
View attachment 739574
View attachment 739575
3 rows of rebar in side ftings. and 4 rows each direction incenter pads.

Very nice work Billrog. I like the western heavy timber style. Very different from back east. Why do you form the tops of your footings like that. Is it to keep the wall/floor framing up from the moisture line or something else ??

gg

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #54  
Yes Gordon I put a curb on them to keep the exterior walls and posts above the floor.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #55  
Many ways to deal with warping after stickering the lumber this is the one I found works best for me. You can give the ratchet a few clicks every day or so as the wood shrinks Usually a couple wks. then every wk. or so. Also found it's best to keep the stickers within 2" of the end of the lumber.

1648669862626.jpeg

1648669917286.jpeg

If you bevel the end of the top and bottom 2x4 under the strap it makes it much easier to tighten.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
^^^^^
Thank you for those pictures and tips. 👍

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
40728CCB-AD52-4CCD-BE8A-9416425315E6.jpegE2ECE03F-1A07-44B0-BFEF-88DBAD71C85F.jpeg
I finally sawed a couple of cedar logs, then decided that I wanted some 4x4s to stack them on. I had a couple of small ash in an area I plan to clear sometime... you could say I tried to polish a turd.:poop:

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #58  
I finally sawed a couple of cedar logs, then decided that I wanted some 4x4s to stack them on. I had a couple of small ash in an area I plan to clear sometime... you could say I tried to polish a turd.:poop:
haha! A fine turd, indeed. You're sawing, and making boards, and that kicks a$$.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #59