Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #61  
Turning logs into lumber is certainly satisfying :)

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #63  
Awesome Mr, Jstpssng...Happy, happy for you!

You've been waiting a long time for it

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #64  
I hear there is a sawmill around here somewhere. Have you seen a sawmill around here?
Large Log 25 Feet Long 38 Inch Big End.jpg

25 foot long. 38 inches at the butt. I rolled it off the trailer. I tried to lift one end and drag it with the tractor. I could not lift one end.

I cut it into two 12.5 foot pieces. Was able to grapple the smaller log and haul it to the stack. The big one I had to drag. The grapple could not curl it all the way. Really too large a diameter for the grapple. Lord, I miss my telehandler.
hugs, Brandi

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
That wouldn't even fit on my little mill. I would have to bring it to the circular sawmill down the road and ask him to saw it into cants.
We don't see many logs that size. When we do it's usually an old white pine.
Nice log, and nice setup! 👍

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #67  
That wouldn't even fit on my little mill. I would have to bring it to the circular sawmill down the road and ask him to saw it into cants.
We don't see many logs that size. When we do it's usually an old white pine.
Nice log, and nice setup! 👍
There was another 22 foot log above that, where it was topped to drop in a small lot. About 70-80 feet tall with the top canopy attached. Those climbers move around up there like monkeys.
hugs, Brandi

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #68  
After a long break (called winter) I'm back at it. I moved the mill into the building for the spring rains and have cut the fascia boards. I'm wrapping up the roof basically so that after that I can just nail on the 1x12 siding as I cut it. It's just a log pile now that I managed to get cut down and out of the woods back before Christmas and too much snow in the woods.
20220405_153144.jpg

A green hemlock 2x9x12' fascia board is not fun by yourself. 😆
20220405_152853.jpg

20220405_153121.jpg

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
That will be nice when you get done. 👍