Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #231  
If whatever the frame is mounted on is not perfect it can make it difficult sometimes when raising one side to match the other...it can make a rise in the track overall...the quick remedy is to file the hole on the up side and lower the rail that was too high...
...When it's hard to get an eyeball on the rails a fine string or fishing line etc. stretched tight (with or without gauge blocks) won't lie...!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #232  
We got the saw head up on the tracks Sunday afternoon. Should be milling next weekend.
I still have to tighten everything up and level the saw head to the bunks. Then I can prep the motor for the first run. I did tap the base from the end when loading the head so I need to slightly readjust the blocks underneath. Also a reminder to tapcon them to the 6x6 .

Anticipation !

20221002_144006.jpg
20221002_144639.jpg

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #233  
Almost like Christmas eve for you 👍

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #235  
Sort of new at this sawmill thing, got the Woodland 126 and trailer last Nov, got it assembled in Feb, been trying to log and saw a little ever since, but other things seem to get in the way.Love the mill, setup with the trailer is easy, just wish I had gotten the 130 max. First log show is a white pine, about 24" x 14', I think the heaviest log I have tried to move yet. The BX2230 can almost push it up the ramps, the winch was also an almost, together it worked. Had to use the tractor to make the last turn on the cant. The second log is hickory, about 22" x 8'. Cut a little more than 132 board feet of of that one. There is about 80 bf on the BX loader, all it could handle. The 2 wheel tractor is a BCS, I built the logging arch and can use it behind the BCS or the BX. I will be glad when the L3600 gets out of the shop, should make a big difference, especially with the Farmi winch.
Just love seeing the inside of logs, but it does make cutting firewood much more difficult, the hickory was supposed to be firewood.

Attachments

• N4qBPSsLQ2CrGiSOLq2Ydg.jpg
    N4qBPSsLQ2CrGiSOLq2Ydg.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 102
  • RF+9zR3%QfSDWiiz8raobw.jpg
    RF+9zR3%QfSDWiiz8raobw.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 111
  • Yyl72eWUQ6arzIXrGoSKXA.jpg
    Yyl72eWUQ6arzIXrGoSKXA.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 102
  • WWKgZxbPQKWTtM4CubUvAA.jpg
    WWKgZxbPQKWTtM4CubUvAA.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 89
  • MPZivrQrQWmPAZuqJ7nEUg.jpg
    MPZivrQrQWmPAZuqJ7nEUg.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 89
  • dQ%iy3cjQgen0X8Nyn5FkA.jpg
    dQ%iy3cjQgen0X8Nyn5FkA.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 93
  • Rx1pCe1WQG20quDGg3sHQA.jpg
    Rx1pCe1WQG20quDGg3sHQA.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2487.JPG
    IMG_2487.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 102
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #236  
Good stuff!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
Does anybody ever saw from the butt end? I have some cedar with a bit of pencil rot in that end, which I'm trying to saw 4x4s from. After messing up two logs I'm going to try doing one backwards.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
Does anybody ever saw from the butt end? I have some cedar with a bit of pencil rot in that end, which I'm trying to saw 4x4s from. After messing up two logs I'm going to try doing one backwards.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #239  
Most of the time, but depends on which way the log gets unloaded at the mill. I do use a toe jack to level teh log so it really doesn't make muck difference which way it is turned.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #240  
I always saw from the butt end because for me the other way is backwards. Having the toe board where you saw from would be a pain .