Scam? I think so.

/ Scam? I think so. #61  
My favorite was the tractor 10 miles from me in a one-week Ebay auction. I asked to see it.

They replied it was in Portugal now but make a bid. Still free shipping.

I didn't bid.

/ Scam? I think so. #62  
I didn't find the thread you mentioned in your first post, but I did find a post saying you're a doctor.

It concerns me greatly that an educated person would fall so far into this scam. You should not have made any further contact after receiving the email you included in the first post in this thread. You may have already endangered your practice by having so much contact with the scammers.

STOP ALL CONTACT with them immediately.
Educated people often don't have any common sense.

/ Scam? I think so. #64  
I have found the same to be true for uneducated people.

But, the accurate observation is that most people don't have common sense.
I find that most peoples idea of "common sense" is different then mine.

/ Scam? I think so.
   / Scam? I think so. #67  
Mark Twain wrote or said something like "Most people only think they think." I've decided I fit really well into the most people category.

/ Scam? I think so. #68  
Wanted to add this perspective: I've used Craigslist, and more recently Facebook marketplace, for some very good deals. FB marketplace in particular, is now chock-a-block full of scam posts. Ruining it. Search on "tractor" and dozens of ads show up, many with low, four figure price tags on newish looking tractors with FELs. Machines that obviously would cost five to ten times as much as the ad price. It's to the point where searching for real items is now an exercise is dismissing 80% of the ads meeting the search criteria.

Don't know if this is a human or bot endeavor, but it's really a shame. Local classifieds in newspapers are pretty well dead, displaced by these online versions. If the online versions are ruined, the ability to buy/sell/trade local equipment is severely hampered.

/ Scam? I think so.
Wanted to add this perspective: I've used Craigslist, and more recently Facebook marketplace, for some very good deals. FB marketplace in particular, is now chock-a-block full of scam posts. Ruining it. Search on "tractor" and dozens of ads show up, many with low, four figure price tags on newish looking tractors with FELs. Machines that obviously would cost five to ten times as much as the ad price. It's to the point where searching for real items is now an exercise is dismissing 80% of the ads meeting the search criteria.
I got off FB several years ago because it had just gotten too creepy for me....as in the people who own it. I've been told a lot that the FB market place is useful and I feel like I've been missing out. Sounds like its going down hill according to you're experience.

But, even if it were great I'm still not going back to FB. Or any other popular social media platform either. I'm already well connected to the people that actually matter in my life.

/ Scam? I think so. #70  
I got off FB several years ago because it had just gotten too creepy for me....as in the people who own it. I've been told a lot that the FB market place is useful and I feel like I've been missing out. Sounds like its going down hill according to you're experience.

But, even if it were great I'm still not going back to FB. Or any other popular social media platform either. I'm already well connected to the people that actually matter in my life.

My day job is web sites. Many of my clients spend ad $$$ on FB, so I can't avoid it entirely due to work/technical demands. I don't use the social aspects of FB. FB marketplace is a relatively new use for me, only because my preferred Craigslist, has been losing traffic to FB marketplace. Maybe, with the scams, that will reverse. Hope so. Wouldn't shed any tears if FB fell into a black hole.