/ Scam type private message #1  

DUMBDOG

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH 1630 W-7308 FEL/ Kubota L4630GSTC W-LA853 FEL WQ/A-CC 2544
Just received the following PM

<font color="blue"> From: belalawson

Hello

Naturally it may interest you that i am Bela Lawson from Rep of Benin in west africa.

can i trust you as i am just 22 years old but want to invest on tractor business .

I need your full trust and confidentiality to see me through this my goal as i am novies in any investment.

I have the money to use for the investment to buy tractors but is is not profitable here in africa ,thereby want who will handle it for me in europe base on agreement on how much will be paying me per month or year.

Please if you have interest try to contact me asap or on belalawson@yahoo.co.uk

Waiting for your urgent response

Regards

BELA
</font>

As you can tell from the type of detail and type of facts it is a scam type of message. The member just signed up and has no posts. Of course this is all in my humble opinion for what it may be worth.

/ Scam type private message #2  
Maybe somebody would like to try some of the replies suggested at:
http://www.scamorama.com/

In particular, it is fun to read the accounts in their 'Update' column.

These are people who have fun scamming the scammers.

My favorite was the scammer who was told to circulate in the Lagos airport flapping his elbows like a chicken and cackling loudly, to identify himself to the mark as the mark stepped off the plane with the seed money.

A serious note - getting involved in these could be dangerous. It is essential to stay anonymous.

/ Scam type private message
The problem with this guy is he signed up as a member here and was posting PM's to the people on line or by reading posts and then sending them. This was the first PM that I have received from some one that did not have some posts and more detail in their user profile.

/ Scam type private message #4  
Yikes.. they are getting smarter then.

I just got a fax like this. I wish these people would stop sending this type of hogwash over... Do they really think we are going to fall for it?

Soundguy

/ Scam type private message #5  
<font color="blue"> Do they really think we are going to fall for it? </font>
Enough people do fall for it, so they will keep emailing and FAXing. It's no different than the mass mailers, it doesn't require too many people to respond to not only cover the costs, but to also make a profit.

/ Scam type private message #6  
I sent the money, does this mean I should stop waiting for the tractors to arrive? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Scam type private message #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I sent the money, does this mean I should stop waiting for the tractors to arrive? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Yeah you probably should. But I am sure you will get many more messages from all of his other scamming buddies trying to get more money out of you.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

murph

/ Scam type private message #8  
Maybe it's your user name? Maybe he took it seriously? "Wow, here's a guy that calls himself dumb -- maybe I'll get lucky with him!" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Scam type private message #9  
<font color="blue"> Maybe it's your user name? </font>
Don
I have been biting my tongue since this thread started. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Scam type private message #10  
I want to setup one of those $200 / minute 900 numbers to send back to the spammers to call so I can get further information from them about their terrific products. Afterall, I only need one of the thousands of spammers to fall for it.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif