Scan tool for ls tractors

/ Scan tool for ls tractors #1  

Bbc396

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ls xr3135
Just for info my Xr31 35 has a obd port and I can read codes and get live data with a elm327 and torque app on my phone.

/ Scan tool for ls tractors #2  
Same here.

/ Scan tool for ls tractors #3  
fwiw, I confirmed this at my dealer here in Austin last year (my XJ2025h doesn't have a computer) I even loaned him an Android tablet with the Torque app and BT scanner for a month, but, in the end, he never did much with it.

All of the "standard" (meaning "emission related") codes are available, but there are additional LS specific codes that are not available to owners.

The dealer and I have had extensive discussions related to the John Deer legal case and he indicated that LS has been having discussions on the same subject.

Bottom line, communicate with your dealer and LS that having access to all the error codes could be a major selling point for LS if they made the codes available to LS owners.

Beverly Howard

/ Scan tool for ls tractors #4  
Funny how you can read and even tune practically every performance car sold but the tractor industry is able to keep developers at bay. We need to get the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act expanded to include tractors.

/ Scan tool for ls tractors
Catclysm could you check how much boost yours makes at full throttle? Thanks just want to compare to my 35hp model

/ Scan tool for ls tractors #6  
Funny how you can read and even tune practically every performance car sold but the tractor industry is able to keep developers at bay. We need to get the Magnuson邦oss Warranty Act expanded to include tractors.

It has more to do with return on investment. There is a huge market out there for tuner products for cars/trucks. Very small market for tuning tractors, especially CUTs. So, no developer will spend the dollars to service the tractor market segment that has a small potential market.

/ Scan tool for ls tractors #7  
Today roading over to feed the cows I saw a little over 16 psi on the torque app. Didn't get a pic until I got to the gate. You can see the Red marker(s) indicating the highest reading(s).

Screenshot_20190310-174936_Torque.jpg

Here are the available sensors according to TP. Couldn't get them all in one screen shot.

Screenshot_20190310-182832_Torque.jpgScreenshot_20190310-182839_Torque.jpg

Sure would like to get EGT, Oil temp and Hydraulic oil temp. I have been tempted to put aftermarked oil/hydraulic gauges in myself.

/ Scan tool for ls tractors #8  
I was thinking of this too. Adding an oil temp gauge and an EGT gauge.

What tool is that? I use the Blue Driver for my scan tool on other vehicles (havent put it on the tractor yet) but I like how that one is laid out.

/ Scan tool for ls tractors #9  
In my tinkering "Torque Pro" has proven to be the best app.

There are a number of bluetooth transmitters on amazon for under $20... read the reviews.

A tech note... Android is really the only option for bluetooth tools. Apple does not follow the standard bluetooth protocols, so these inexpensive tools can't be used and app communication has to go through wifi on iOS devices. That, in turn, creates other problems such as when you connect to a wifi scanner, you then can't connect to the internet if wifi is the only option.

Torque has a list of all possible sensor values and if you connect and go to the gauge setup section, the values that Torque sees are highlighted so you can skip the ones that are not available on the current vehicle.

Hope that this information is useful,
Beverly Howard

/ Scan tool for ls tractors #10  
Awesome! Thank you! I will check it out