Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............
Well so far we seen deer, wolves, boby cats, who has the lions tigers and bears. There has been several mountain lion attacks out west, I think they would scare the ------ out of me.....

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #142  
Beautiful spring day here.
home.jpg

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #143  
Some pics of the high desert / mountains of NM. These are the small mountains near us.

Attachments

• D04395AD-7468-4E7F-9993-F8EC1BEFE668.jpeg
    D04395AD-7468-4E7F-9993-F8EC1BEFE668.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • F51EB3C9-AA43-4A0A-93DE-24DAC9202EC2.jpeg
    F51EB3C9-AA43-4A0A-93DE-24DAC9202EC2.jpeg
    837.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 01D61556-9B72-49C7-BA20-FBC157DDD7FD.jpeg
    01D61556-9B72-49C7-BA20-FBC157DDD7FD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • 46E85B0A-D8BB-4B6F-B721-EBEF8250DCD4.jpeg
    46E85B0A-D8BB-4B6F-B721-EBEF8250DCD4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 75
  • FB27F72B-6071-4D1D-A95D-06C6A9EB228D.jpeg
    FB27F72B-6071-4D1D-A95D-06C6A9EB228D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
  • DA514443-7E37-42F4-BB59-4A0BE164FCE1.jpeg
    DA514443-7E37-42F4-BB59-4A0BE164FCE1.jpeg
    937.1 KB · Views: 82
   / Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #144  
That first picture looks like a big lake, different then the next two. And isn't it early for deer to start growing horns.............
Yes,one pick from our home and another from our cabin up north as far as the lake pics.Deer pics from couple years ago in July ..

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #145  
Beautiful spring day here.
View attachment 649216

Very nice... like the house, porches, and general setting... I hope its buried in the middle of about 500 acres, with limited access... *grin* I like my farm, but its split into thirds by a 2 lane highway and a gravel county road between my house and barn... no peace, traffic at all hours.

Your place is beautiful...

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #146  
In the S.E. where wolves have also been reintroduced and have migrated beyond the intended territories...they can be very hard to distinguish from coyotes...in many cases if you are not very close or have good optics to look at the ears and the nose they can hardly be told apart...
...it is legal to shoot either anytime and that how it was discovered that the wolves had expanded so far beyond the original areas...they were shot for coyotes to be later identified as wolves...

I can see how the mistake might be made by someone not experienced with watching wildlife. In my case the Wolves I have saw are 2-3 times larger than any Coyote I've saw. Hard to make that mistake.

Cattle Ranchers here control the Coyote population

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #147  
I do think that wolves need protection.

And nothing provides better protection than about a 3 foot layer of dirt over the top of them.

SSS and move on.

:D

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #148  
I can see how the mistake might be made by someone not experienced with watching wildlife. In my case the Wolves I have saw are 2-3 times larger than any Coyote I've saw. Hard to make that mistake.

Cattle Ranchers here control the Coyote population
It has nothing to do with not being experienced in recognizing wildlife...it has everything to do with the similarity of the two species in the region...At any distance where the nose and ears cannot be observed even the forest rangers here have difficulty identifying one from the other...

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #149  
It's my understanding that the red wolves in the SE are considerably smaller than the gray wolves north and west.

/ Scenery pictures, what does your world look like............ #150  
It has nothing to do with not being experienced in recognizing wildlife...it has everything to do with the similarity of the two species in the region...At any distance where the nose and ears cannot be observed even the forest rangers here have difficulty identifying one from the other...

I had a guy call me a couple years ago all excited because he had saw a Black Panther!!!! He got a picture of it on his phone. I said I'd love to see it!!! He stopped by. He had a picture of a Feral black house cat.

I certainly agree that the similarities might be make it hard to distinguish in some areas. Maybe so in your area, wherever that is.

In my experiences I've had no problem distinguishing between a Coyote and a Wolf. One of my sightings in Colorado was in scrub brush that was just above my beltline, somewhere around 40". To keep track of me that Wolf would move a couple hundred feet or so and then raise his head out of the brush to check on me. I've never saw a Coyote that can clear 40" brush with his entire head. Maybe they exist somewhere I've not been.