Seafoam for real?

/ Seafoam for real? #61  
I'm on the fence on Seafoam, with probably a slight lean towards "snake oil". Tried it a few times, but can't say I've seen any noticeable difference.
I do put Stabil in gas that's not going to be used up within a month or two.

/ Seafoam for real? #62  
I'm on the fence on Seafoam, with probably a slight lean towards "snake oil". Tried it a few times, but can't say I've seen any noticeable difference.
I do put Stabil in gas that's not going to be used up within a month or two.
With the proposed 15% Ethanol mix, the prez says will save us money.
IF, the gas stations pass on the savings.
AND, with 15%, milage will drop. Where are the savings in that?
or is it a plot???

Assuming the additives will be more widely used by some...

/ Seafoam for real? #63  
instead of adding corn juice to the fuel
they should use it as food in its natural
state of course. They should just go back
to regular gas and quit with all this pollution
crap on the vehicles and save us tax payers
money and head aches with the crappy fuel
that gums up the works!

willy

/ Seafoam for real? #64  
instead of adding corn juice to the fuel
they should use it as food in its natural
state of course. They should just go back
to regular gas and quit with all this pollution
crap on the vehicles and save us tax payers
money and head aches with the crappy fuel
that gums up the works!

willy
I remember the smoggy 1970s: the brown smelly air that caused headaches and hurt to breathe in the cities. Naw, I don’t want to go back to those days. Cleaner vehicles are a good thing.

/ Seafoam for real? #65  
As much as I dislike pollution controls, I still remember in my younger days, sitting in a car next to a transit bus with the window down when the bus pulled away from the bus stop. I'll take the pollution controls until they find something better.

/ Seafoam for real? #66  
I’m one those skeptics when it come to additives. I’m not a fan of adding stuff to my fuels or oils unless it’s for a specific reason. For example I use Stabil in my gas that will sit around for more than a few weeks and I add anti gel additive to my diesel in the winter.

Seafoam seems to be one of those miracle additives that I think works. Mainly in small engines that are running a little rough. If this actually does something, how does it work? I assume some kind of cleaner?
Marvel Mystery Oil works like well... a miracle. I've used it both in fuel systems and in engine oil. Had a 'classic' car that had a gummed up lifter, put a quart or two in and ran it until it stopped ticking and changed the oil. Sometimes it takes a 50/50 mix to clean the gunk from the oil system. Don't drive it like that, just run it until it heats up good then change the oil.

/ Seafoam for real? #67  
I wonder how many homes fields have burned
up because of the pollution crap on cars and the
exhaust will kill you in half the time with the crap
on vehicles now! But you say its better???

willy

/ Seafoam for real? #69  
As much as I dislike pollution controls, I still remember in my younger days, sitting in a car next to a transit bus with the window down when the bus pulled away from the bus stop. I'll take the pollution controls until they find something better.
I'll take the pollution controls if they are sensible, I like clean air. Corn was the wrong answer. I'll deal with def, doc and scr and other systems but don't pretend because its corn its better for the environment.

I remember those days, I grew up in NYC, there used to be a smog cloud above the city. As I said I like clean air, but lets do stuff that makes sense and not just lines the pockets of special interests.

/ Seafoam for real? #70  
I’m one those skeptics when it come to additives. I’m not a fan of adding stuff to my fuels or oils unless it’s for a specific reason. For example I use Stabil in my gas that will sit around for more than a few weeks and I add anti gel additive to my diesel in the winter.

Seafoam seems to be one of those miracle additives that I think works. Mainly in small engines that are running a little rough. If this actually does something, how does it work? I assume some kind of cleaner?
I’ve used it to get my lawn mower running better it’s good for cleaning carbs haven’t used it as a oil additive only as a spray can for the intake and a fuel additive