seat springs. Kubota grand L seat

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #21  
Maybe I should note that my tractor is a ROPS, not a cab. Don't know if the seats are different.

94BULLIT, I see your tractor is a 2012 model. Maybe they changed the springs on the later model. Mine is a 2010 and the "spring puller hootie" is pulled solid up against the seat frame in the front. No more adjustment.

I was wondering if they may be different. My tractor is a -3.

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #22  
I checked last night. The knob is cranked as far as it will go and the bracket holding the springs is pulled up tight against the seat frame. The springs are stretched as far a they can be pulled. I sat down and bounced just a bit and it was very easy to bottom the seat but it seemed to squeak a bit. I lubed it up with WD40. Bad Idea. Now it bottoms even easier but at least it doesn't squeak.. I am going to see if I can find stronger springs or perhaps add a couple of smaller diameter springs inside the factory springs. The springs just aren't strong enough. I'm not going to spring for an air ride seat. I'd like to but...

more info, for what it's worth.
Spoke to my dealer this morning and asked about this issue. He said he is aware of the problem and has a lot of fella's complaining about the same thing. There is not, at this time, a fix from kubota but it is being addressed.

So did Kubota ever address this?

I have the L4330, the adjustment is cranked up all it will go, still bottoms out bad.

Don't start on me about losing some of my 275 lbs.... :)

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #23  
Subscribrd.

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #24  
I bought my L4740 three years ago. On the ride home I could not adjust the sea so it would not bottom out. I took it back to the dealer. They said the seat is working fine. Well the machanic said I see what you are talking about. The dealer said it is working fine and said I could buy a $1000 seat to fix the issue. I said I just bought a $$33,000 tractor and by law it should come with a working seat. What an annoying thing to have to put up with on a new tractor.

They refused to fix it. Man what a way to start a relationship with your dealer and a bad way to take the good feeling out of buying a new tractor.

By law here in Canada it does not matter what warranty says, things are expected to last a reasonable amount of time.

I had an oil leak when the tractor was two years old, my tires cracked at one year old cheep Carlie tires, a servo value went at 21/2 years. Dealer refused to fix anything for free. I maybe in the market for a new tractor so I guess it will be a John Deere. To bad cause I like my tractor but kubota will not fix anything. I know the dealer had a reputation for being an *** but it appears kubota is not big on fixing anything either.

John Deere. Is calling my name.

/ seat springs. Kubota grand L seat #25  
L5030 cab model - no trouble with seat tension on 180 lb in it other than I wish it had more travel. Bottoms out only when going way too fast on road which is quickly followed by smashing head on roof liner.