Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #1  

RoyKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
M7060HSC/18, RTV-X1100C
It fairly expensive $1800 on M7060, is hyd not mechanical, found a picture of the kit on eBay, loader valve gets changed and more lines and another control level. Two rumors it slows down the bucket curls and limits the upward curl, and makes it hard to bump the bucket to get dirt out. But I don't think comments were about Kubota's implementation.

SO ANY FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE.... I've googled and found really nothing.

MESSICKS WE NEED A VIDEO

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #2  
I have mechanical self leveling on my Massey...love it. My Kubota M5040 did not have it. You do not want hydraulic self leveling. Self leveling is great for repetitive loader work like loader feed, round bales, or pallet work. The only disadvantage it has is if you will be doing alot of dirt digging.

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #3  
I have mechanical self leveling on my Massey...love it. My Kubota M5040 did not have it. You do not want hydraulic self leveling. Self leveling is great for repetitive loader work like loader feed, round bales, or pallet work. The only disadvantage it has is if you will be doing alot of dirt digging.

Why not have hydraulic self leveling, what is the down side of the Kubota system?

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #4  
Why not have hydraulic self leveling, what is the down side of the Kubota system?
It slows your functions down and can be quirky. Mechanical is bulletproof.

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #5  
My Kubota does not have it. My Ford 555A TLB has mechanical.

Biggest advantage is you don't worry about dumping material over the back of the bucket when raising a load high.

As mentioned earlier, I think it would be very handy with forks or a bale stabber.

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #6  
When I first got my Ford 1700 I learned in a hurry to keep the bucket level as you raise a load of dirt. I saw it coming and tipped the bucket just in time. Otherwise - dirt sandwich. Next lesson - lift no higher than necessary. My M6040 is much easier to keep level as you raise.

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #7  
It slows your functions down and can be quirky. Mechanical is bulletproof.

The Kubota system can be turned off and on which would be HUGE to me. Not sure what you mean by quirky? Please clarify. I know that all hyd self leveling systems ARE NOT the same.

Any mechanical system is what it is (some limit the actual std full range of motion in the curl function) and you have no choice. I personally would prefer to have the Kubota system. If you want to operate at a faster pace, raise the RPMs.

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #8  
So we are all on the same page in regards to the function of self leveling.

Mechanical self leveling simply keeps the attachment at whatever pitch you have chosen all the way thru the vertical swing of the boom. If the attachment is sitting level on the ground and no curl change is made it will remain level.

Someone with hydraulic self level can explain how it works.

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #9  
My M62 has hydr self leveling. I have a switch just below the loader control arm to turn it on and off.

I leave it on all the time. Mine is not harder to dump or curl the bucket back. For my applications, it really isnt super useful (not many pallets, hay bales, dumping in back of trucks, etc). It does affect the curl time, but the M62 is already faster than I would want to move anyway. Not only that, but my bucket has level indicators on it, AND I have the indicator on the FEL arm. Lots of choices! IMO, not worth $1800. However, maybe for you it is.

I heard a few that like it for their spouses/kids that move hay bales...makes it safer for them to lift and transport them.

It looks like there is also a "spill guard" type valve kit that prevents the bucket curl from coming back too far and spilling bucket contents onto the operator/hood of the tractor as well. Perhaps that version prevents some curl function?

/ Self Leveling Loader on L & M series tractors #10  
My M62 has hydr self leveling. I have a switch just below the loader control arm to turn it on and off.

I leave it on all the time. It levels on the way up, but not down. For my applications, it really isnt super useful (not many pallets, hay bales, dumping in back of trucks, etc). It does affect the curl time, but the M62 is already faster than I would want to move anyway. Not only that, but my bucket has level indicators on it, AND I have the indicator on the FEL arm. Lots of choices! IMO, not worth $1800. However, maybe for you it is.

I heard a few that like it for their spouses/kids that move hay bales...makes it safer for them to lift and transport them.

Your post nudged my memory. Friend of mine has a new Kubota CTL. It doesn't level going down either.