Tires Self loading of tires easy!

/ Self loading of tires easy! #11  
Have a look at the adaptor sold at TSC. That's what I used, and it was pretty easy. I also used a drill pump and a 5 gallon bucket. Jacked tractor enough to get the tire off the floor, removed the part of the valve stem that has the shrader valve in it, hooked up adaptor and pump and proceeded to fill. I stopped every gallon or so, waited a few seconds, and pushed the relief button on the adaptor. The point at which I stopped and bled the air was determined by watching for the entering liquid to slow down. With the tire valve being the high point, the pressurized hose would empty back through the drill pump and only a few drops of antifreeze would come out with the air. Monitoring the pressure didn't seem too important, since the drill pump wasn't about to pressurize the tire beyond the 40# max recommended on the tire. After pumping 15 gallons into each rear tire, I replaced the valve stem and aired up to 10#...................chim

/ Self loading of tires easy! #12  
Bill, great set-up. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

/ Self loading of tires easy!
Hi,

Filled my tires on the B2910 with WW fluid yesterday. Took 30 min for the first one and a little less for the second, as I learned the amount it would take to fill the 12.4x16 R4s up to the valve stem...23 gallons.

Chim...I think I remember you posting 15 gallons per tire. We have the same tire size I think. Why did you stop at 15? Just curious. I let the air all out of my tires before putting the valve stems back in, so I know I did not overfill them. Topped off to 12 psi.

I only stopped to bleed air twice, first time after about 10 gallons went in. Well I guess you could say three times if you count the last time before the hose came off the valve stem.

THe rear tires seem just fine and have bounce to them if I hit a bump while moving across the yard with the loader and backhoe on.

Bill

/ Self loading of tires easy! #14  
Bill, mine are 12-16.5. They may have similar volumes though. I stopped at 15 because it worked out to around 100#/tire, and it would leave room for air to help absorb some shock. Since the rims aren't covered, I can play with the air pressure without dealing with liquid. Using antifreeze, it didn't seem to be harmful to leave part of the rim above the liquid level. It could be that the optimum fill is a couple gallons more than I'm running. Even with a RFM for added ballast, a rear wheel will occasionally lift when the FEL snags something that doesn't want to move.................chim