Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

civilian

Platinum Member
Tractor
Gravely Pro 16 walk behind, Kubota BX2230, Kubota B26TLB
Years ago, while driving a semi tractor trailer rig weighing about 100k, on Christmas Eve evening, a car hit the back left trailer wheels. And yes the car hung up there while I stopped to investigate the bump I felt. Couldn't see the car because visibilty was low. He had a choice, go to the hospital and get checked out, or jail. (Cops figured he was drunk). I never made it home that night, I went back across town to plant where I loaded at. Dad brought another trailer down the next day and we switched the load of regerated mik products. Jon

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I saw a Chevy S10 Blazer which had tried to pass a tractor trailer on the right as the latter was turning into a parking lot. The Blazer was on it's side, yet it was crushed so badly that all of the rig's tires were on the ground. Somehow the driver survived with minor injuries. I'm not sure who was considered at fault... the TT was making a wide turn from the left lane, yet you're not supposed to pass on the right.

Slowpoke Slim

Veteran Member
Tractor
Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower, Branson 3725CH
I was called out to many, many grisly accidents years ago when I was a heavy wrecker driver in AZ. Some of them were pretty bad, and would stay with you for a while. Like the family of 4 that went under a semi trailer and nobody ducked. Peeled the top of the car off like a can opener did it. The car was wedged under the semi trailer so hard the light duty wreckers couldn't get it out. They called me out to rig a sling and pick the back end of the trailer up and move it over and set it down again. Happened late at night, cops figured Dad must have fallen asleep at the wheel, but by the time I was called out, set up and ready to go it was full sunlight. When I lifted the trailer, the weight came off the car and it popped up onto it's suspension again. All this "stuff" started oozing and dripping out of the floor pan. Yeah, it wasn't "car related fluids", and we'll just leave it at that.

Cars and semi's don't mix. If you're going to hit something, try to steer for something smaller.

But trains trump all. Never tangle with a train. You can't hit one hard enough to even damage the locomotive. Not even with a semi.

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240, and now just one YM186D
What's an average loaded truck and trailer weigh?
The limit here without a special permit is 80,000 lbs.

Note a locomotive also has the inertia of everything behind it.

A few years ago after midnight we heard a continuous train horn in the distance. It seemed like it went on for a half hour. Train vs drunk. Later we read he wasn't seriously injured but the engineer kept making a racket until a rescue crew arrived to get him out of the car. I wondered if that was in the rule book, do everything possible to attract assistance to the scene.

TMGT

Veteran Member
Tractor
B2620
Saw this on my way into work yesterday
Screenshot_20210410-085835_Video%20Player.jpeg

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
The limit here without a special permit is 80,000 lbs.

Note a locomotive also has the inertia of everything behind it.

A few years ago after midnight we heard a continuous train horn in the distance. It seemed like it went on for a half hour. Train vs drunk. Later we read he wasn't seriously injured but the engineer kept making a racket until a rescue crew arrived to get him out of the car. I wondered if that was in the rule book, do everything possible to attract assistance to the scene.
That train must have been moving very slow at the time of the accident if the engineer could even see the vehicle or maybe it pushed it down the tracks?
002C42C7-78DD-446E-A732-F02FCC361843.jpeg

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240, and now just one YM186D
That train must have been moving very slow at the time of the accident if the engineer could even see the vehicle or maybe it pushed it down the tracks?
That was a mile from a switchyard so he likely was still slow. Perhaps after snaking out of a maze of sidings.

duramaxsky

Gold Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi D1300 4X4 sold now John Deere 2025R and L110
Here you can go 105,500 with 7 or more axles. Still a toy for a train.