Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,492  
So ten real mechanical gears behind a torque converter? Or instead of a torque converter, clutch packs internal to provide the slip getting moving from a standstill?
Yes, real gears, mechanically shifted, behind automated clutch packs. Usually in two parallel assemblies, IE gears 1, 3 and 5 are on one shaft, and 2, 4 and 6 on another. This way one clutch can disengage 1st gear as the other clutch engages 2nd gear, for lightning fast, ultra smooth shifts. If you have paddles or bonk the shifter to manually control the gears, it gets weird when you request 2 gears up or down right away, because then one clutch has to disengage and re-engage, not always very smooth or quick. But normal driving, it's flawless.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,493  
Giant LOL for this example of failed towing. Dude says he hit the other car at 30 mph, but it looks pretty wrecked to me.

He's towing it with an ambulance now? What a toolbag... Not trying to get political here. This guy is just a big dingus.

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/20...ge-involved-in-multi-vehicle-flint-crash.html

2JRYIOGZHZH5JLMTN2VLC7QTKY.jpg

Dude is also carrying wrong....

6EDC7G56XJEANPHMGEJEITUYHQ.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,494  
difference is when a slush box goes on a 3/4 ton truck it's a 5k rebuild and a clutch cost under a grand. Not on that manual car list was a corvette .I must be getting old I remember when I bought my vet the dealer showed me a auto I said you gotta be kidding me .

Everybody with real sports cars back then had the bumper sticker [I'd rather eat worms than drive a automatic] Oh god I've become my father, or even my grandfather. :eek:
The new C8 is dual clutch only, no more traditional stick shifts in corvettes

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,495  
My '13 Rubicon is manual...every time I drive it is like a mini vacation.

Searched long and hard to find it.

Plan is to keep it long enough to be buried in it with a hand on the shifter, rather than build a 6' knotty pine box!
Gonna take a big hole.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,496  
I recently asked a pretty good mechanic if he would buy a manual transmission these days. He said no. He said autos have become fairly problem free and that manuals did not have the design put into them as they used to have. He was a manual guy for years.
He also has all the computers and digital tools he needs to work on them. That's probably a bias. I just changed fluid in my F250 for the first time and was shocked when I dropped the pan how many wires and sensors were inside the dang transmission! More plastic than metal was visible.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,497  
Giant LOL for this example of failed towing. Dude says he hit the other car at 30 mph, but it looks pretty wrecked to me.

He's towing it with an ambulance now? What a toolbag... Not trying to get political here. This guy is just a big dingus.

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/20...ge-involved-in-multi-vehicle-flint-crash.html

2JRYIOGZHZH5JLMTN2VLC7QTKY.jpg

Dude is also carrying wrong....

6EDC7G56XJEANPHMGEJEITUYHQ.jpg
Hammer forward on a 1911ish? Unfriend, unfriend, unfriend.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,498  
The 1953 Corvette question, yes powerglides and blue flame six cylinder engines. First V8, 265 ci in l955.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,499  
So ten real mechanical gears behind a torque converter? Or instead of a torque converter, clutch packs internal to provide the slip getting moving from a standstill?
10 real gears behind a torque converter with lock up.