Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,691  
We are on vacation in Arizona and I saw some of these tow bar caravans on the way to Mexico, usually three vehicles total. One was being towed by a pickup that looked barely roadworthy the front end was so smashed in.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,692  
In Australia this is now a bit like the opening of the Simpsons :)

The company that has lost the capsule of Caesium 137 isotope is Rio Tinto. A container in the back of a truck fell apart as the corrugated road rattled the container open and the capsule fell though a hole left by a sheared bolt, somewhere during the 1400 km journey (about 870 miles).

Hopefully you will still supply us with a nuclear submarine or two :) So what if we lose a small capsule, we promise to take more care with the nuclear fuel for the sub :)

Mike

We straight-up lose nuclear weapons, so what's a little radioactive pea in the road between friends. 🤷‍♂️🤣

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,693  
Would adding a tow axel be considered a separate trailer? I wonder if backing challenge is increased. This would definitely increase load capacity for the bed of a pickup.
1675006743286.jpeg

1675006782233.jpeg

1675006839375.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,696  
Wow, I've never seen one of those tow thingies.
It seems like a cool concept, turning a trailer into a wagon. Is it practical though? Does it increase a pickup’s tow capacity since there is no longer any tow hitch (on truck) weight?

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,699  
Would adding a tow axel be considered a separate trailer? I wonder if backing challenge is increased. This would definitely increase load capacity for the bed of a pickup.
View attachment 781309
View attachment 781310
View attachment 781311
As I understand, it's attached with 2-3 points, so it is considered an extension of your vehicle, not a trailer.
On the one I was looking into, the axle steers and with the 2 point connection it stays straight in relation to your vehicle, almost should in theory make the trailer react faster for the same amount of steering input.

Aaron Z