Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,381  
Came across this today.

Someone had an oopsy

20230524_105629.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,383  
My goodness, did a car take the front axle out?!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,384  
My goodness, did a car take the front axle out?!
It's a very dangerous T junction in the middle of a blind corner where cars just fly way too fast. It's actually know as the "Curve of death". One the vehicles hit the Kubota as it was approaching the main road. Mid mounted ROPS did it's job too.

Even though tractors are fairly strong, a good hit in the wrong spot can easily rip an entire axle out.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,385  
That's damn scary; I hate working near the road, I'm certainly glad I don't need to travel anywhere on the tractor.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,386  
Came across this today.

Someone had an oopsy

View attachment 802248
That one is odd. Normal semi trailer is around 13'6" and that bridge clearly says 14 ft. Is there a car underneath the other side of the trailer, I'm guessing?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,387  
LoL...A lot of times the fact checkers on the Internet are the ones that are wrong...!

In many cases it is city or county ordinances that make it illegal to leave a receiver hitch in when vehicles are parked in public parking areas...
As was said, <citation needed> I have looked and haven't been able to find anything, if you have a source to backup your allegation, please post it, otherwise it's just spreading FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt).

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,388  
That one is odd. Normal semi trailer is around 13'6" and that bridge clearly says 14 ft. Is there a car underneath the other side of the trailer, I'm guessing?
Looks to me like the truck was making a left turn from the left side of the picture (offramp?) and took the corner too sharp, then ran the side of the trailer into the center bridge support.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,389  
Nope. No vehicles stuck under it. Driver got hung up, and dropped the trailer.

Looks like driver should have taken the outside turn lane and approached it straighter.

I think the elevation difference got them being closer to the west bound side on their approach.

I had to make a couple trips around it in my travels for parts and got a pretty good look.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,390  
Looks to me like the truck was making a left turn from the left side of the picture (offramp?) and took the corner too sharp, then ran the side of the trailer into the center bridge support.

Aaron Z
I thought similar on my approach, but the roof of the trailer is wedged. They missed the support. I think there is an elevation difference between the east bound and westbound lanes.

If they had taken the outside lane, swung wide and approached straighter, they would have cleared.