Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,301  
Who in the world buys a receiver hitch with a tri-ball, when they have no receiver and then uses a lag bolt and a couple of non-hardened nuts to secure it? HAHAHAHA Crazy Arizonans.

I was going to say, nice grade 3 bolt (or is it a ungraded Chinese bolt?)

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,302  
At least he's got a locking pin in it so it can't be stolen, unless the thief has a couple of crescent wrenches

And at least he's got it double nutted!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,303  
People were commenting on bumping with pintle hitches...imagine what kind of sway this setup could suffer. If the bolt loosened even a bit, a hard stop could rotate the whole shebang into the bumper.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,304  
No pics of this because I have a low end cell phone but I saw a pickup truck today with two boards over the sides of the bed and two tractor tires with wheels on top of those boards. No straps. A cop would bag him in a heartbeat.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,305  
People were commenting on bumping with pintle hitches...imagine what kind of sway this setup could suffer. If the bolt loosened even a bit, a hard stop could rotate the whole shebang into the bumper.
Even if the bolt was tight it wouldn't take much force to rotate it. Leverage is certainly not in this guys favor.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,306  
Who in the world buys a receiver hitch with a tri-ball, when they have no receiver and then uses a lag bolt and a couple of non-hardened nuts to secure it? HAHAHAHA Crazy Arizonans.

You call that a lag bolt in VA?

Everywhere I've lived a lag bolt was made for wood.

On a good note at least he wasn't pulling a bigger trailer that required the 2-5/16 ball. LOL

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,307  
Pic like that was on here before.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,308  
Wintrer is here.JPG