Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,253  
It would make an heck of a wood splitter too.... If you have a couple of months to wait for the ram to extend. 🤣
Split it tree length, then cut to size afterward...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,254  
I retired about 1 1/2 years ago and spent a lot of my time the last year as a land surveyor working on a 60 turbine wind farm. They are a high effort construction project to say the least. I also saw lots of them delivered and moved over the roads and through town. Most of the time it’s pretty flawless. My guess here is the lead chase driver screwed up. In the longer video it appeared he stopped because he was going to knock over the RR signal and by the time he took off, to late.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,258  
Nothing holds the other end. The trailer is design specifically to move these blades in tight spaces with a lot of turns. The entire blade can pivot up and down as needed, up to a certain point, so it clears things in the way.

But what is thhe HP required to pull that trailer and blade? 2 power units, where in the US, one semi pulls it? Jon

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,259  
I hope no emissions were created in the making and transportation of that blade. Otherwise how could the electric vehicle be “zero emissions”?

Try Google. The most widely accepted definition of how an electric vehicle is zero emissions is:

“A zero-emissions vehicle, or ZEV, is a vehicle that does not emit exhaust gas or other pollutants from the onboard source of power.”

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,260  
But what is thhe HP required to pull that trailer and blade? 2 power units, where in the US, one semi pulls it? Jon
On the first picture, there are two trucks, most likely they go through a very steep hill. Sometimes they use more trucks to give more stopping capabilities and not necessarily more pulling power. On the video, that's most likely a 750 HP Mercedes Actros truck.

While the blades are not really that heavy, at around 12000 lbs depending on the length, the trailer with the blade adapter/rotator plus counterweights, plus a quick connect, gets close to 55 tons.