Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,511  
10 real gears behind a torque converter with lock up.
They are planetary transmissions which use a lot more gears than ten.

Countershaft powershift transmissions do exist, like the ZF 6 speed found in Deutz tractors..

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,512  

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,513  
If he could do that for a 1/4 mile they'd pay good money to see that at Englishtown. 🍻

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,514  
If he could do that for a 1/4 mile they'd pay good money to see that at Englishtown.
Wish the strip was still open, really enjoyed running at that track! Closed to racing in 2018 sadly.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,515  
Seen this today , they just left the local Home Depot.
IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,517  
Forklift guy said "You sure you want to do this?" :)
Shortly after we moved states I did a summer tour in the lawn and garden department of Lowe’s. The amount of stupid we saw from shoppers was insane.

We weren’t really supposed to but myself and the two other adult seasonals I worked with would refuse to load materials if it would result in an outrageously dangerous situation once they left the lot. Thankfully the ASM’s and department manager understood we had a brain and backed us up anytime someone complained.

The seasonal adults were myself, a well published author, and a former fixer for a gas station chain that had come out of retirement to pay off unexpected debt.

One morning on the way into the store I watched a customer talk the teenage kid running the loader into dropping a full stack pallet of solid block into the back of his 14 gmc crew cab 1/2 ton. A couple guys and I tried to offered to split the load into a couple different pallets for him, but he refused because even though it was our hand labor he would have to make multiple trips.

Also had a lady get pissed at me for walking up and offering, against store policy, to tie down the load of pine straw in her ranger for her. She didn’t want to take the time as she lived 10 minutes away. Mind you the bed was full to the point of being stacked above the cab...... and in order to get home she had to drive the 60mph main road that ran in front of the store.

On the milder side I had a lady who would regularly want to cram 50 bags of mulch in her late model Buick 4-door.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,518  
Shortly after we moved states I did a summer tour in the lawn and garden department of Lowe’s. The amount of stupid we saw from shoppers was insane.

We weren’t really supposed to but myself and the two other adult seasonals I worked with would refuse to load materials if it would result in an outrageously dangerous situation once they left the lot. Thankfully the ASM’s and department manager understood we had a brain and backed us up anytime someone complained.

The seasonal adults were myself, a well published author, and a former fixer for a gas station chain that had come out of retirement to pay off unexpected debt.

One morning on the way into the store I watched a customer talk the teenage kid running the loader into dropping a full stack pallet of solid block into the back of his 14 gmc crew cab 1/2 ton. A couple guys and I tried to offered to split the load into a couple different pallets for him, but he refused because even though it was our hand labor he would have to make multiple trips.

Also had a lady get pissed at me for walking up and offering, against store policy, to tie down the load of pine straw in her ranger for her. She didn’t want to take the time as she lived 10 minutes away. Mind you the bed was full to the point of being stacked above the cab...... and in order to get home she had to drive the 60mph main road that ran in front of the store.

On the milder side I had a lady who would regularly want to cram 50 bags of mulch in her late model Buick 4-door.
Here's one...hope it brings a chuckle.
Years ago, about 1982, I repaired a console TV for people who came to pick it up. This was an old picture tube 25" Magnavox in a wood cabinet. Three guys show up, and I helped one carry it out. In parking lot was a Chevy Chevette. "Where's your truck" I asked..."this is it!".
I had to go back into shop.
Guy comes back..."got an adjustable wrench"..."sure" I said.
He brings it back, borrows a few more tools. Returns them..."got any string?".
This I gotta see, I followed him outside. They had taken seats out, stacked on their roof which they "secured" with string.
How far you have to go?" "About 50 miles."
Somehow they got that console TV inside the car. I watched as the three guys then squeezed in, chins on the dash. Then they slowly drove away. How they made it was beyond me.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,520  
Too far forward on the trailer. Not that should have caused that. But it should have been loaded slightly to the front. Not almost all the way.