Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,231  
Missing a red flag hanging on the end.
It's all good, it's less than 48 inches from the back bumper. As long as he keeps his traile tongue weight under 100# it will be good. :D

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,232  
I don't think we want pictures of this one.

Trucker killed when load of steel shifts east of San Diego

www.sfgate.com.ico
SFGate|6 minutes ago
A trucker was killed in eastern San Diego County when his load of steel shifted and impaled him, authorities said. The incident occurred Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 8 east of El Cajon,
I lost a friend several years ago from a somewhat similar incident.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,233  
Reading all this - all that the truck drivers have to know and do to be safe - gives me immense new respect for the good drivers.

This.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,234  
Reading all this - all that the truck drivers have to know and do to be safe - gives me immense new respect for the good drivers.
And then there's all the things and rules specific to what you're hauling.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,235  
I've long said that if we had to pass the test that a trucker does, maintain our vehicles the way they do, and follow the regulations they have to follow there would be a lot fewer drivers out there... and the roads would be a much safer place.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,236  
I've long said that if we had to pass the test that a trucker is supposed to, maintain our vehicles the way they are supposed to, and follow the regulations they are supposed to follow there would be a lot fewer drivers out there... and the roads would be a much safer place.
FTFY based on my observations of the truck drivers that come in to make deliveries at work.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,237  
Sounds like you've been in my yard.
I've seen all of that too. Especially backing up over and over again without changing any geometry.
A couple of us tried to help a guy get into a dock but he wouldn't listen. So we just sat and watched. 45 minutes !!
Pumped the brakes out of air a bunch of times, we could smell his clutch, and he was sweating bullets.

This one was an experienced driver but texting. (he eventually admitted - then lied his butt off on the accident report)
I took that pic but blacked names out to be polite.

View attachment 728084
Neighbors teenage daughter backed out of her driveway, put the car in drive and plummeted the car down into the 4ft deep ditch

She was messing with her phone.

Talked to her parents when I was out walking the dog after she came flying onto our street. She was was making a left turn onto the street, and her head was down into the passenger seat

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,238  
OK, this is a little off subject but..... lately when driving on the interstates, is it my imagination or are 18 wheelers now driving with their brights on all of the time? Someone told me that they are using new LED bulbs but they sure are bright.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,239  
I think it’s a mix. Some of those lights are very bright and are not adjusted correctly, this causes them to blind other traffic. At the same time yes many of them are not turning thier high beams down for other traffic and I see it a lot more frequently lately.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,240  
I've long said that if we had to pass the test that a trucker does, maintain our vehicles the way they do, and follow the regulations they have to follow there would be a lot fewer drivers out there... and the roads would be a much safer place.
I've seriously been questioning where some of these drivers got their CDL's, how they passed the practical test, and how they can pass the DOT physical. Some I'm sure had to apply for the exemptions to be able to get a DOT med card which can take from 6 months to a year to go through. In the meantime, no med card, no CDL.

I dont have a CDL, but have to have the med card since I drive commercially over 10,000lbs.

They get pretty indepth with your history, and conditions, and if your over a certain BMI it's an automatic sleep study.

Certain medical conditions are an automatic fail, but the person can file for an exemption and has to have the doctor sign off that the condition is managed.